Conventional pet food back at Petco

storewanderer

Conventional pet food back at Petco

Post by storewanderer »

Petco has brought back normal pet food brands again. Pedigree, Dog Chow, Friskies, Cat Chow, it is all back.

Also Lowes Reddit user reporting the Lowes/Petco alliance is dead. Whether or not this is true, I do not know. The Lowes website still lists hundreds of units with Petco inside Lowes.
~ttps://www.reddit.com/r/petco/comments/19aowlp ... _at_lowes/

Such a joke of a chain...
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Conventional pet food back at Petco

Post by jamcool »

People can’t afford the boutique pet food brands as much nowadays. And many of those upscale brands (like Blue Buffalo) have big owners like General Mills and Smucker who can also sell them through the mass retailers.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

Petco always seems to go back-and-forth, trying so many different formats, and never quite knows what it wants to be. At least they have really cleaned up or shuttered some of their dumpier locations in my area. Their newest stores are definitely a big improvement.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Petco has tried many different strategies over the years and just can't make up its mind.

I find their prices to be too high, and their stores seem tiny. I don't buy any fish food or supplies from them. The selection and pricing are terrible.

The Vetco idea seems to be doing fine. There is always a demand for convenient vet locations. I don't know if it actually brings sales to the store as most of the time pet owners just want to go home as soon as possible.