First ALDI in Nevada coming to Henderson

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

First ALDI in Nevada coming to Henderson

Post by bryceleinan »

Title says it all… ALDI seeks gold in the Silver State with first store in Henderson:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/ ... i-2990563/

Not surprised the first location would be in Southern Nevada, but would like to see one in Northern Nevada too.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: First ALDI in Nevada coming to Henderson

Post by SamSpade »

Beat me to it. :)

Come shake up the sleepy PNW.

... but maybe we have enough competition on the lower end/house brand stores (WinCo, Grocery Outlet, Trader Joes)?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: January 30th, 2024, 2:59 pm Title says it all… ALDI seeks gold in the Silver State with first store in Henderson:

Not surprised the first location would be in Southern Nevada, but would like to see one in Northern Nevada too.
They are nothing to get excited about. They drive down prices when they show up though, that has been very evident in SoCal. In AZ I can't even tell they are present and I think in Las Vegas they will have a similar reception to AZ. But there are a number of areas in Northern Nevada where I think they could do well enough. These ridiculously priced chains like Safeway NorCal Division and Save Mart won't do anything in response to them though. Middle of Reno (Plumb/Virginia area), Middle of Sparks (Prater/McCarran area), North Valleys, Fernley, Fallon, Minden, and Northwest Reno (Mae Anne/McCarran area) would be my first shots.
J-Man
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by J-Man »

They need to get to northern California as well.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

The Review-Journal reports that another location is coming to the Las Vegas area as well, based on permitting.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/ ... y-2991283/
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

storewanderer wrote: January 31st, 2024, 12:06 am
bryceleinan wrote: January 30th, 2024, 2:59 pm Title says it all… ALDI seeks gold in the Silver State with first store in Henderson:

They are nothing to get excited about. They drive down prices when they show up though, that has been very evident in SoCal. In AZ I can't even tell they are present and I think in Las Vegas they will have a similar reception to AZ. But there are a number of areas in Northern Nevada where I think they could do well enough. These ridiculously priced chains like Safeway NorCal Division and Save Mart won't do anything in response to them though. Middle of Reno (Plumb/Virginia area), Middle of Sparks (Prater/McCarran area), North Valleys, Fernley, Fallon, Minden, and Northwest Reno (Mae Anne/McCarran area) would be my first shots.
Hahahaha, I get what you’re saying, however, I’m one of those people who have driven out of the way to go to ALDI. I may have had someone send me some of their coffee recently, lol!
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: January 31st, 2024, 6:13 pm
Hahahaha, I get what you’re saying, however, I’m one of those people who have driven out of the way to go to ALDI. I may have had someone send me some of their coffee recently, lol!
Can't speak for the coffee, I wonder who produces it. Is it from Germany?

I used to find candy from Germany at Aldi at a great price in the midwest not that many years ago. In SoCal I found no such products.
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

storewanderer wrote: January 31st, 2024, 11:15 pm

I used to find candy from Germany at Aldi at a great price in the midwest not that many years ago. In SoCal I found no such products.
No, I believe it's from America. However, it is one of the few that does not kill my stomach when I drink it. Also, you cannot beat the ALDI "Aisle of Shame" either. We picked up a suitcase at one a few years ago while we were in San Diego - it is more durable than some I have spent 2x or 3x the money on.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: February 1st, 2024, 7:39 pm
storewanderer wrote: January 31st, 2024, 11:15 pm

No, I believe it's from America. However, it is one of the few that does not kill my stomach when I drink it. Also, you cannot beat the ALDI "Aisle of Shame" either. We picked up a suitcase at one a few years ago while we were in San Diego - it is more durable than some I have spent 2x or 3x the money on.
Check on low acid coffee, lighter roast usually. Smiths has some of these in multiple brands. Check expiration dates though..