Ohio CVS $250k Fine, no a/c, drive thru only

storewanderer

Ohio CVS $250k Fine, no a/c, drive thru only

Post by storewanderer »

https://www.businessinsider.com/cvs-ohi ... ine-2024-2

And this is in Ohio.

I thought CVS was supposedly better off the west coast.
mjhale
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Ohio CVS $250k Fine, no a/c, drive thru only

Post by mjhale »

At least where I am in the DC area, if the CVS location has historically been a high performing store it will be staffed well and pharmacy operations will be average to above average. If the store is one of the more recent "infill" type stores that CVS opened that ends up being low volume you could have minimal staffing and long waits both in pharmacy and at the front end. Self-checkout has helped this somewhat but it doesn't help when the only person on duty in the pharmacy is the pharmacist themselves trying to juggle everything at once. I moved my prescriptions from a new build CVS very close to my house that is low volume and chronically understaffed to a farther away CVS that is high volume and has adequate staffing the majority of the time they are open. The CVS I moved to is a former People's Drug. The store received the HealthHub remodel when it first came out. Originally the Nurse Office they built got a good stream of business. Now it seems completely dead and the hours have been cut way back. Patient First has several locations near me. Between them and Inova's (our local big hospital chain) new urgent care centers, CVS seems to be squeezed out. However, the pharmacy at this particular CVS is a busy as ever.