Sprouts coming to Carson City, NV

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Sprouts coming to Carson City, NV

Post by bryceleinan »

Saw this out on Loopnet, which matches rumors going around town about Sprouts expanding from their three Reno locations, adding a location in Carson City:

https://www.loopnet.com/viewer/pdf?file ... 20Pads.pdf

Since Carson is becoming relatively land-locked, there will be a lot of infill projects. At one point, the pads where Sprouts and Planet Fitness are locating was supposed to be an Office Depot. I'm sorta surprised that Walmart didn't have an exclusive for groceries in the whole plaza, but then again, this pad is under completely separate ownership. It's interesting they're going here instead of South Carson - there's an empty BBBY box at Topsy and Hwy 395, and another empty Staples next to Target. This does put them on the opposite side of town from Raley's and Trader Joe's though, so that may have been a consideration.
storewanderer

Re: Sprouts coming to Carson City, NV

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: February 10th, 2024, 9:08 pm Saw this out on Loopnet, which matches rumors going around town about Sprouts expanding from their three Reno locations, adding a location in Carson City:

Since Carson is becoming relatively land-locked, there will be a lot of infill projects. At one point, the pads where Sprouts and Planet Fitness are locating was supposed to be an Office Depot. I'm sorta surprised that Walmart didn't have an exclusive for groceries in the whole plaza, but then again, this pad is under completely separate ownership. It's interesting they're going here instead of South Carson - there's an empty BBBY box at Topsy and Hwy 395, and another empty Staples next to Target. This does put them on the opposite side of town from Raley's and Trader Joe's though, so that may have been a consideration.
This is a really poor location for Sprouts. I do not expect this store to survive in this location. I cannot believe they didn't try something in South Carson. Even the Target shopping center (which is highly questionable) would have been a better location. I will look forward to the amount of markdown/short dates Sprouts will have in this location.

Sprouts needs to find a site in Northwest Reno. Like Mae Anne/McCarran or somewhere Robb Drive area. Picking sites like this North Carson one, they may well end up on Keystone. That would be another huge mistake.
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

storewanderer wrote: February 11th, 2024, 12:26 am
bryceleinan wrote: February 10th, 2024, 9:08 pm Saw this out on Loopnet, which matches rumors going around town about Sprouts expanding from their three Reno locations, adding a location in Carson City:

This is a really poor location for Sprouts. I do not expect this store to survive in this location. I cannot believe they didn't try something in South Carson. Even the Target shopping center (which is highly questionable) would have been a better location. I will look forward to the amount of markdown/short dates Sprouts will have in this location.

Sprouts needs to find a site in Northwest Reno. Like Mae Anne/McCarran or somewhere Robb Drive area. Picking sites like this North Carson one, they may well end up on Keystone. That would be another huge mistake.
I believe Save Mart and Safeway have the exclusives in their complexes, so it’ll have to be out at Robb Drive. Would have been perfect in the old Scolari’s had ROC and Saint Mary’s not taken it over.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: February 11th, 2024, 1:10 pm
I believe Save Mart and Safeway have the exclusives in their complexes, so it’ll have to be out at Robb Drive. Would have been perfect in the old Scolari’s had ROC and Saint Mary’s not taken it over.
Save Mart hasn't remodeled that store yet. There isn't much going on there... pharmacy closure only made things worse. That store had a pretty high volume pharmacy by Save Mart standards (Plumb and Pyramid also both had strong pharmacies); the stand alone Sav-On next to it was rolled into it back in the 2003 or 2004 period when they did the combo stores here.

Scolaris had very high rent on Robb and volume was painfully low, I think it scared any other grocer out of that spot. I really liked that store, it was a great store. They kept that open longer hoping to get someone else to take it over. Access there just wasn't great. That and Disc Drive were my two favorite Scolaris units before they closed most of them.