Carl's Jr. Giving Away Free Western Bacon Cheeseburgers Feb. 12

Alpha8472

Carl's Jr. Giving Away Free Western Bacon Cheeseburgers Feb. 12

Post by Alpha8472 »

Carl's Jr. is giving away free Western Bacon Cheeseburgers February 12 to app users who have the free rewards program.

This chain still has a customer shortage. I rarely ever see any customers at my local 24 hour Carl's Jr.

https://www.brandeating.com/2024/02/car ... -2024.html
storewanderer

Re: Carl's Jr. Giving Away Free Western Bacon Cheeseburgers Feb. 12

Post by storewanderer »

I have no idea how many of their units stay open. Sub $2k per day sales and open 6 AM To 11 PM. Unreal. I guess as long as franchisees are willing to feed these...
Bluelightspecial
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Post by Bluelightspecial »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 10th, 2024, 3:58 pm Carl's Jr. is giving away free Western Bacon Cheeseburgers February 12 to app users who have the free rewards program.

This chain still has a customer shortage. I rarely ever see any customers at my local 24 hour Carl's Jr.

The most ironic thing I've seen is that when I visited Mexico last November, the Carl's Jrs were in better shape and busier than the ones in the US.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Bluelightspecial wrote: February 12th, 2024, 1:41 pm
Alpha8472 wrote: February 10th, 2024, 3:58 pm Carl's Jr. is giving away free Western Bacon Cheeseburgers February 12 to app users who have the free rewards program.

The most ironic thing I've seen is that when I visited Mexico last November, the Carl's Jrs were in better shape and busier than the ones in the US.
They probably have better food there too.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I claimed this today. No purchase was necessary. Around 12:30 PM. 100% empty dining room. One other customer inside placing an order for $20 of regularly priced products. They actually had two employees today one working front counter and one working drive through; have not seen that level of staffing in years; usually just one employee to cover both.

But drive through had steady 2-3 cars traffic and was moving fast as they can assemble these Westerns quickly and I guess not taking payment makes it even faster. Every single car was claiming a free Western. So while I was inside I saw them dispense 5 free Westerns via drive through, and only one of those orders had other items (and it had one other item). You did not have to order through the app, you could just tell them you had the app and receive the burger for free.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I went to a 24 hour Carl's Jr. in San Ramon today to claim the free burger on the app. At 8 PM there were probably 3 customers in the restaurant and 2 cars at the drive-thru. It was busier than usual, but the employee at the drive-thru told me to wait at the drive-thru speaker. Apparently he was the only employee.

I thought that the burger was decent. What I did notice was the Green Burrito menu. It was very high priced. I don't know why anyone would buy anything off that menu. The Carl's Jr. menu was almost as high, but at least there were some good items available.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 12th, 2024, 11:49 pm I went to a 24 hour Carl's Jr. in San Ramon today to claim the free burger on the app. At 8 PM there were probably 3 customers in the restaurant and 2 cars at the drive-thru. It was busier than usual, but the employee at the drive-thru told me to wait at the drive-thru speaker. Apparently he was the only employee.

I thought that the burger was decent. What I did notice was the Green Burrito menu. It was very high priced. I don't know why anyone would buy anything off that menu. The Carl's Jr. menu was almost as high, but at least there were some good items available.
Of course the burger was excellent that I received, the Western is a great flavored burger. They seem to have changed the bun, it no longer had the "split" in the center. Retail value here was 7.49+tax.

No more Green Burrito around here; last time I got a beef taco at one in Sacramento the price was 2.29 or something; these are not large tacos.. but very tasty. Compared to Del Taco this is very expensive. I guess it isn't too much higher than Taco Bell at this point. Also notice how you cannot order any Green Burrito products via the Carls Jr. app? They are a separate franchise agreement. Same thing with Red Burrito/Hardees. Red Burrito has quite lower prices though.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

I did go for the free burger, but paid $1.29 on the app to upgrade to the 1/3lb Angus patty. I thought it tasted good, their barbecue sauce is tangy and flavorful, and I was impressed with the taste of the obviously freshly fried Waffle fries and fried zucchini but the portion size has dramatically reduced to what I'd call "kids size" for both. They have a sauce for the zucchini called "house dressing" which reminds me of a lemon ranch, never had it before but I loved it. Ultimately I found the burger patty itself to be the only disappointment, it was obviously cooked many hours ago and held in a steam table. Zero 'charred' flavor and dry. I do not understand why these restaurants cannot simply drop a patty into the chain driven Charbroiler to order like they used to years ago. If they did I would probably eat there more often, price be damned.

This patty couldn't have been a 1/3lb either, and it certainly isn't anything like the "Six Dollar Burger" or "Thickburger" they used to offer. It's much smaller. I didn't see any options for the previous "Six Dollar Burger" type patty as an offering.

My local Carl's all just got new black and white signs in the last 3 months that say "Charbroiled Thickburgers". As I can see it this product doesn't exist anymore and they shouldn't have changed the signs.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: February 13th, 2024, 3:16 pm I did go for the free burger, but paid $1.29 on the app to upgrade to the 1/3lb Angus patty. I thought it tasted good, their barbecue sauce is tangy and flavorful, and I was impressed with the taste of the obviously freshly fried Waffle fries and fried zucchini but the portion size has dramatically reduced to what I'd call "kids size" for both. They have a sauce for the zucchini called "house dressing" which reminds me of a lemon ranch, never had it before but I loved it. Ultimately I found the burger patty itself to be the only disappointment, it was obviously cooked many hours ago and held in a steam table. Zero 'charred' flavor and dry. I do not understand why these restaurants cannot simply drop a patty into the chain driven Charbroiler to order like they used to years ago. If they did I would probably eat there more often, price be damned.

This patty couldn't have been a 1/3lb either, and it certainly isn't anything like the "Six Dollar Burger" or "Thickburger" they used to offer. It's much smaller. I didn't see any options for the previous "Six Dollar Burger" type patty as an offering.

My local Carl's all just got new black and white signs in the last 3 months that say "Charbroiled Thickburgers". As I can see it this product doesn't exist anymore and they shouldn't have changed the signs.
They have got to cook to order in these low volume units. This is the other annoyance is they usually do cook the fried items to order so they immediately assemble the burger before you are even done paying from the held meat and then it sits there for 3-4 minutes while the fried items are cooking fresh. Then they just stand there waiting (since they have so little business). The burger goes through the charbroiler in about 2 minutes so what they need to do when a customer finally shows up is to immediately put the burger into the charbroiler, then go get the fried items into the fryer, then start readying the bun (which goes through a much faster belt to toast) then at the point the meat is done they can assemble the burger and wrap it and not long after that the fried items will be ready and they can pack those.

The held burger is really not good. It feels like it has wasted away or something. It also doesn't seem to hold my appetite as long as it should. You can try asking for a fresh cooked burger... I have had some success with that... Burger King actually has a button on the cash register to honor that request.

I am wondering if you actually received the 1/3lb patty.

The zucchini portion is very variable by visit. I've had orders that may only have 7 zucchini and I've had orders with 14 zucchini. The waffle fries in those current medium fry containers seem to have a lot of air. When the waffle fries went into a "wider" fry container it was better. More room for them to stick up.