Best Yet brand in Hawaii

Discussion of product brands seen across the retail landscape. This is not to discuss products themselves, just the news and history of associated brands.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Best Yet brand in Hawaii

Post by SamSpade »

In Hawaii, when blessed to visit this month, the "store brand" at a supermarket was Best Yet. Very limited assortments, probably mostly in things that they couldn't easily get a name brand to send over to the islands. (ie. candle/grill disposable lighting sticks)

Walmart also didn't sell nearly as much "Equate" in HABA, most notably in sun protection there was none.
storewanderer

Re: Best Yet brand in Hawaii

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: March 10th, 2024, 5:59 pm In Hawaii, when blessed to visit this month, the "store brand" at a supermarket was Best Yet. Very limited assortments, probably mostly in things that they couldn't easily get a name brand to send over to the islands. (ie. candle/grill disposable lighting sticks)

Walmart also didn't sell nearly as much "Equate" in HABA, most notably in sun protection there was none.
This comes from C&S California. They are the main wholesaler to Times and others.

There is also Essential Everyday stuff there somewhere. My understanding is it actually gets there from UNFI Seattle. Franz bread is there too (as a frozen thaw and sell item) from the same supply chain.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

storewanderer wrote: March 10th, 2024, 8:25 pm This comes from C&S California. They are the main wholesaler to Times and others.

There is also Essential Everyday stuff there somewhere. My understanding is it actually gets there from UNFI Seattle. Franz bread is there too (as a frozen thaw and sell item) from the same supply chain.
Cool, I was wondering about the Franz / Seattle Sourdough / Love's doughnuts / Hostess etc. I thought maybe US Bakeries had one plant on Oahu somewhere. There was also Dave's Killer Bread available at about 1.5x the cost here near the mothership bakery for their products.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: March 10th, 2024, 8:54 pm
storewanderer wrote: March 10th, 2024, 8:25 pm This comes from C&S California. They are the main wholesaler to Times and others.

Cool, I was wondering about the Franz / Seattle Sourdough / Love's doughnuts / Hostess etc. I thought maybe US Bakeries had one plant on Oahu somewhere. There was also Dave's Killer Bread available at about 1.5x the cost here near the mothership bakery for their products.
I wonder if that Dave's comes from OR or somewhere else. I think Flowers Foods (Wonder/Nature's Own/Tastycake) controls that brand now. Some of it used to be made in Safeway's OR bread plant.