Sonic Switches To Crinkle Cut Fries

storewanderer

Re: Sonic food review

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: May 1st, 2024, 4:49 pm Ordered from the value (under $4) menu + my drink of choice. Still $10? Ah inflation.

Thoughts -
1) Forgot catsup for my tots despite me specifically asking for it when giving my speaker order.
2) Big "no contactless/no Apple Pay" signs at my location on each order stall
3) Tots well made, small for $2.99 but as good or better than that $3 McDonalds hashbrown
4) Eyed that new brioche bun breakfast sandwich for a long time but was worried about kitchen staff... so went with
5) 1/4 lb double cheeseburger, $3.99. Picture on menu was small, thought maybe it did have proper vegetables but no, just pickles. Still, microwaved or something because it was pillowy mushy bread but really tasty American cheese slices if I'm being honest. I didn't see ketchup or mustard but they were supposedly there. Online photo shows that lettuce and/or onions would have been free upon request.
6) Best thing was still the diet limeade. Unlike online, mine wasn't half price. So I guess you need to use the app or website to get perks now.
Sonic is so terrible. I don't understand how they stay in business. Their product is unbelievably bad and service is worse.

The drinks are supposed to be half price between 2 PM to 4 PM regardless how you order for all sizes except "mini" and it is applied automatically on the cash register. But the location is able to "cancel the discount" if they want to.

Sonic still swipes all credit cards; they never bothered to upgrade to EMV. Them, a ton of sit down restaurants, and many 7-11 gas pumps are about it in my area for swipe of credit cards.
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Sonic Switches To Crinkle Cut Fries

Post by bryceleinan »

Well, since Sonic and Arby’s are corporate cousins now, I wonder if they’re using the same fries?
storewanderer

Re: Sonic Switches To Crinkle Cut Fries

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 8:11 pm Well, since Sonic and Arby’s are corporate cousins now, I wonder if they’re using the same fries?
I don't think there is any integration at all between these chains.

That is probably a good thing- I wouldn't want Sonic to influence Arbys in any way.

I guess I'll have to go to Sonic and see how these are.