Sam Ash Music liquidating all 42 stores

ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sam Ash Music liquidating all 42 stores

Post by ClownLoach »

Sam Ash has announced they will be closing all 42 stores nationwide. No reason given and no timetable. More to come.
Retailuser
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Re: Sam Ash Music liquidating all 42 stores

Post by Retailuser »

One source (oc register) is saying by august
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Retailuser wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 1:06 pm One source (oc register) is saying by august
Yes a garbage story I refuse to link because of the direct conflict in the article between "no timetable" and "August" which are both stated in the same article and are mutually exclusive statements any low level journalism student would immediately seek to correct. The OC Register reporting has become so bad I am going to cancel my $1 per YEAR subscription because it isn't worth one dollar. Same clowns reported few weeks ago that a Corner Bakery location was closing because guests didn't like that each sandwich alone was over $20, which was nowhere near accurate pricing and could have been fact checked with a simple visit to their website where the menu indicated a sandwich was between $8.49 and $12.99. They are a waste of pixels. They also lack journalistic integrity these days as I've proven with screen shots they revise stories now without listing the corrections made or noting revision times. Pure garbage and a real shame that we don't have any quality local reporting left in SoCal.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

ClownLoach wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 1:03 pm Sam Ash has announced they will be closing all 42 stores nationwide. No reason given and no timetable. More to come.

Wow, that is going to hurt that already distressed corridor of Sunset Bl. near that awful RocknRoll Ralphs.

Thank goodness there is massive construction going on around that area.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

ClownLoach wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 1:18 pm
Retailuser wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 1:06 pm One source (oc register) is saying by august
Yes a garbage story I refuse to link because of the direct conflict in the article between "no timetable" and "August" which are both stated in the same article and are mutually exclusive statements any low level journalism student would immediately seek to correct. The OC Register reporting has become so bad I am going to cancel my $1 per YEAR subscription because it isn't worth one dollar. Same clowns reported few weeks ago that a Corner Bakery location was closing because guests didn't like that each sandwich alone was over $20, which was nowhere near accurate pricing and could have been fact checked with a simple visit to their website where the menu indicated a sandwich was between $8.49 and $12.99. They are a waste of pixels. They also lack journalistic integrity these days as I've proven with screen shots they revise stories now without listing the corrections made or noting revision times. Pure garbage and a real shame that we don't have any quality local reporting left in SoCal.
OC Register - Journalism = Oxymoron
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

veteran+ wrote: May 4th, 2024, 8:40 am
ClownLoach wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 1:18 pm
OC Register - Journalism = Oxymoron
Used to be decent reporting but too much opinion mixed in. But they would fact check stuff like this before it went out (unless of course it was a statement of opinion). Now it is pure and total garbage with comedic and glaring errors you can email to their ombudsman address and nothing happens. I'm starting to forward blatantly incorrect misinformation about companies like that outrageous false article alleging $20 sandwiches with no sides or drink to the PR departments of those companies so they can have their lawyers take action since this negligence borders on libel.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Back on topic, apparently one of the last key Ash family members was the COO and he passed away last year.

I was not aware they had a large batch of closures a couple months ago. Although no articles have an exact financial explanation, because of the discussion of the death in the family I get the impression that the business was not wanted by the next generation that inherited their shares.

This just sounds more like something within the ownership versus the business actually failing. I know this article makes bland statements about online shopping, but we have seen the revival of Guitar Center in the last ten years after they came back from the brink. I think there is a lot of business in the market when you consider all the new tech for recording, digitizing and so forth. Sam Ash just sounds like a family business packing it in because it is a good time to do so for the family members.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/sam-ash ... -100-years