Walmart to close Health Care Clinics

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
storewanderer

Re: Walmart to close Health Care Clinics

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: May 4th, 2024, 8:26 am I know that my independent pharmacy (top rated in West Hollywood) struggles with reimbursements.

He showed me the numbers. He is 1/4 of million dollars behind in reimbursements.

Like WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to your doctors about this. You will hear the same story but even higher $$$ depending on the practice. These insurance slow pay, chargeback for dubious reasons (take payment back they already gave you- they just deduct it from whatever they owe then you have to fight them for it).

Back in the 00's I used to have the perception the doctors/hospitals were all greedy and the problem with medical costs. Maybe it was that way back then but at this point these folks while they still make a lot of money, they are having to go through a LOT more hoops than ever before (like this insurance slow pay thing). My perception has obviously changed and the providers (doctors, pharmacists, whatever) are definitely not the problem here. The insurance is. This is a system that is destined to fail. But our politicians on both sides will protect this miserable system until they (with their "superior" insurance) are the only ones left.

I do have to laugh now that some BIG corporations are getting caught up in this lousy system and failing too. These retailers having to close their medical clinics, pharmacies run by big corporations who can't make money on prescriptions. I am somewhat disappointed by the retailers having to close their medical clinics though as the mission of those services was to lower costs/increase accessibility... and obviously they couldn't make it work... even if I may not like CVS the prospect of going over there on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for a quick (strep test, whatever) walk in and out in 15-20 minutes was very convenient. Then again CVS failed to staff the Minute Clinic and I do wonder if they had staffed it properly from 9-7 daily RELIABLY if the results for them would have been different. Then again they can't even staff pharmacy past 5 PM in some stores locally they are such a mess.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart to close Health Care Clinics

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: May 4th, 2024, 12:51 pm
veteran+ wrote: May 4th, 2024, 8:26 am I know that my independent pharmacy (top rated in West Hollywood) struggles with reimbursements.

He showed me the numbers. He is 1/4 of million dollars behind in reimbursements.

Like WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to your doctors about this. You will hear the same story but even higher $$$ depending on the practice. These insurance slow pay, chargeback for dubious reasons (take payment back they already gave you- they just deduct it from whatever they owe then you have to fight them for it).

Back in the 00's I used to have the perception the doctors/hospitals were all greedy and the problem with medical costs. Maybe it was that way back then but at this point these folks while they still make a lot of money, they are having to go through a LOT more hoops than ever before (like this insurance slow pay thing). My perception has obviously changed and the providers (doctors, pharmacists, whatever) are definitely not the problem here. The insurance is. This is a system that is destined to fail. But our politicians on both sides will protect this miserable system until they (with their "superior" insurance) are the only ones left.

I do have to laugh now that some BIG corporations are getting caught up in this lousy system and failing too. These retailers having to close their medical clinics, pharmacies run by big corporations who can't make money on prescriptions. I am somewhat disappointed by the retailers having to close their medical clinics though as the mission of those services was to lower costs/increase accessibility... and obviously they couldn't make it work... even if I may not like CVS the prospect of going over there on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for a quick (strep test, whatever) walk in and out in 15-20 minutes was very convenient. Then again CVS failed to staff the Minute Clinic and I do wonder if they had staffed it properly from 9-7 daily RELIABLY if the results for them would have been different. Then again they can't even staff pharmacy past 5 PM in some stores locally they are such a mess.
Don't forget that there was a major hacking that has delayed tens of billions in reimbursements at UnitedHealthcare and a subsidiary that basically handles half of the reimbursements in the industry (that alone is outrageous in my opinion even if it hadn't been hacked).