Target Paid Membership Program?

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
storewanderer

Re: Target Paid Membership Program?

Post by storewanderer »

This makes sense that shoplifting would occur in the nursery areas in the evening. They are often poorly lit and have plenty of blind corners. I also suspect the cameras may not be clean/provide for a clear view at all times. It is not unusual for Wal Mart to lock/close nursery after a certain time also.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: May 9th, 2024, 12:13 am This makes sense that shoplifting would occur in the nursery areas in the evening. They are often poorly lit and have plenty of blind corners. I also suspect the cameras may not be clean/provide for a clear view at all times. It is not unusual for Wal Mart to lock/close nursery after a certain time also.
I have not seen a Walmart nursery open after dusk in quite some time. Few open the gates and outside registers at all now due to risk of robbery. I know a Walmart manager who said his store was being robbed almost weekly in the garden center until they let him shut down that register and stop opening the gates.

I have found tool packaging thrown into the landscaping materials aisles at Lowe's and Home Depot.

The stores don't like to operate the nurseries with their gates and registers closed because then people bring dripping wet plants and leaky bags of soil, sand or gravel into the store and they have slip and fall accident claims.

I would expect that these areas will no longer be available to customers at night except maybe during the busiest days of the year, I think it is only a matter of time. I noticed Lowe's has added large signs on the front gates already that say "Garden Center open 7a to 7p" although they usually close the gate and registers earlier than that. So I would assume eventually they'll start enforcing those posted hours and lock the doors on the inside as well thus completely closing the operation at night.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

This really depends on the Wal Mart.

In immediate Reno, I am not sure the last time I saw the Nursery registers in operation and Nursery doors to the parking lot open to the public at any of the stores. I think it was in 2019. In Sparks they open the area and registers in the summer and at Christmas. Around Reno those nursery entrances still have outdated store hours posted too.

However at some of the rural Wal Marts they operate the nursery register all year. For instance out in Susanville Wal Mart in January I bought a lot of clearance Christmas items which were there in garden and paid out there. Last time I was in that store about 6 weeks ago, again the nursery register and door was open, which was very strange because there aren't really plants yet. There was just a trickle of customers using that register to buy various items.

Same goes for the Wal Mart out in Fallon, NV- every time I've been there, the nursery doors are open and nursery registers are open. Doesn't matter what time of year.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: May 10th, 2024, 12:29 am This really depends on the Wal Mart.

In immediate Reno, I am not sure the last time I saw the Nursery registers in operation and Nursery doors to the parking lot open to the public at any of the stores. I think it was in 2019. In Sparks they open the area and registers in the summer and at Christmas. Around Reno those nursery entrances still have outdated store hours posted too.

However at some of the rural Wal Marts they operate the nursery register all year. For instance out in Susanville Wal Mart in January I bought a lot of clearance Christmas items which were there in garden and paid out there. Last time I was in that store about 6 weeks ago, again the nursery register and door was open, which was very strange because there aren't really plants yet. There was just a trickle of customers using that register to buy various items.

Same goes for the Wal Mart out in Fallon, NV- every time I've been there, the nursery doors are open and nursery registers are open. Doesn't matter what time of year.
The two here basically convert the space to a Christmas shop and bicycle shop during the holidays but I only saw the outside gates and register opened one time on the weekend. I think it really depends on shoplifting.