Did Carl's Jr on Sierra College Granite Bay ever have a playground??

FrankMoore99
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Did Carl's Jr on Sierra College Granite Bay ever have a playground??

Post by FrankMoore99 »

I am wondering since Carl's Jr in Granite Bay has that large empty room that used a PlayPlace at some point, but there is no confirmational proof that there was one with no reviews having mentioned one and no evidence on Google Street View going as far back as 2008. I know the Iron Point Road in Folsom and the Sunrise Blvd in Citrus Heights locations both had indoor playgrounds until 2021, which I still am wondering why they removed them because they were indoors and they didn't remodel either location that required their removal?? Was it a corporate decision, or was it a one on one decision?? I have the feeling it was a lot longer ago than 2021 when they removed the Playland at Granite Bay's. How long ago did Granite Bay's location remove theirs, if they even had one?? Would I have been disappointed to go there after the Jingle Jam at Bayside Church on Christmas Eve of 2009 thinking I was going to play on the Playland?? Just wondering??
FrankMoore99
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Re: Did Carl's Jr on Sierra College Granite Bay ever have a playground??

Post by FrankMoore99 »

No responses. Does anyone have anything on this subject. This isn't the headquarters of a CIA operation, like the Buy More??
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I don't think it ever had an indoor playground, but it seems like it was designed for one.

There used to be tables / seating in that room but it has been inaccessible to customers and windows covered/tinted sometimes, that seems to come and go, but last time it was visible it was just a big odd open/empty space. I think when it became a franchise location is when they did that, and when it was a corporate location that area had some tables. It hardly has any customers so they don't need the extra space.
FrankMoore99
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by FrankMoore99 »

storewanderer wrote: May 13th, 2024, 11:46 pm I don't think it ever had an indoor playground, but it seems like it was designed for one.

There used to be tables / seating in that room but it has been inaccessible to customers and windows covered/tinted sometimes, that seems to come and go, but last time it was visible it was just a big odd open/empty space. I think when it became a franchise location is when they did that, and when it was a corporate location that area had some tables. It hardly has any customers so they don't need the extra space.
It didn't have an indoor playground?? How long ago were you talking about the tables. Was it in the past few years, or are you talking about when the restaurant was built? Does a CIA operation operate there like they do at the Buy More in Chuck that is built to look like a PlayPlace?? Do the Carl's Jr locations next to the Outlets at Orange: 450 The City Dr S, Orange, CA 92868, and 14097 Stowe Dr, Poway, CA 92064 have the same situation, places that look like they used to house an indoor playground that never did?? What's the story behind those locations and the Granite Bay one?? Was I glad I didn't go eat at the Granite Bay one after Jingle Jam at Bayside in 2009 to play because I wouldn't have??
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I forgot the Carls Jr. in Auburn on Lincoln Way which is out of business now, used to have an outdoor playground. This was always a franchise unit and had this from the time it opened. Mid 90's unit as I recall. Older than it looked.