Stores & Riots

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
Alpha8472

Re: Stores & Riots

Post by Alpha8472 »

I was in Walmart in San Leandro near Oakland, California when the store announced all customers to evacuate. People started running out and there were traffic jams all over the parking lot.

There are reports of nearby stores being ransacked. It is so scary right now.

The entire area is under attack. People are being told to take shelter at home immediately.

The front door of Walmart has been barricaded with tons of junk.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:31 pm

The front door of Walmart has been barricaded with tons of junk.
Sounds like a fire hazard if anyone is still in the place (even employees). I assume everyone including employees will leave...?
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The employees are inside. The front is barricaded. I assume they exit through the back and then use forklifts to pile junk in front of the fire exits.

The riots have spread 30 miles into the white suburbs. The rich white suburbs are under attack. Outdoor malls in downtown Walnut Creek are being smashed and looted. The suburban police are overwhelmed. This quaint city is under siege. They need to call out the National Guard. It is insane. Criminals are loading cars and looting the rich suburbs. Citizens are being told to barricade themselves at home and prepare to defend themselves.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on June 2nd, 2020, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I see they looted a 7-Eleven too in San Francisco yesterday night.

The number of looters is impressive I am surprised 7-Eleven had that much inside to even take.

I wonder how many more days this will go on.
Last edited by storewanderer on May 31st, 2020, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Attacks reported in the next city over of Pleasant Hill, California. Kohl's and a sporting goods store were attacked. The Sunvalley Mall in nearby Concord is barricaded with barriers at the parking lot entrances. Concord Police have repelled shoplifters and scared them away.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on June 1st, 2020, 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

There are now protests in Bellevue, WA. Bellevue Square has been broken into and there is looting. There is now a curfew in effect in Bellevue!
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Looters ransacked Macy's and Target. News helicopters captured looters turning on each other and fighting each other for clothes. A looter shot a female looter in the arm. Curfew took effect at 6:30 PM. The train station (aerial version of the subway) was shut down. Now the armed looters from Oakland are stuck in the suburbs. This is a mess. People are afraid to go outside of their houses with armed thugs in the neighborhoods with million dollar mansions. Neighbors are barricading their doors. Ace Hardware is boarding up their windows. Everything is shutting down. I never thought I would hear so many police sirens in the suburbs. I have been driving around all afternoon and evening from Oakland to the suburbs.

https://abc7news.com/walnut-creek-pd-is ... a/6223824/
bayford
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by bayford »

storewanderer wrote: May 31st, 2020, 10:17 am What's next, looting a Dollar Tree?
The shopping area in Minneapolis that included the Lake Street Target also had a Dollar Tree, which was, indeed, also looted and set on fire along with almost every other store in the area.

There's some footage from inside the Dollar Tree in the following video (at the 2:39 mark), along with the nearby Target and Cub Foods.

By the way, the Lake Street Kmart, about 2 miles to the west of where the initial looting and arsons took place, was also broken into. There was minimal looting, though, since the store was days away from closing for good and all merchandise of value was pretty much gone.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Bay Fair Mall in San Leandro, California near Oakland is being looted right now. Helicopters have it on camera live. It is anarchy in the streets. Target, Macy's, Bed Bath and Beyond, Old Navy, and the rest are all being ransacked. They need to declare a curfew across the entire region and call in the National Guard. It is totally out of control.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

NewPark in nearby Newark, California is now being looted. The looters are moving from city to city. The news coverage is encouraging more people to come out and loot the malls. Shopping malls are being overtaken left and right. There are fires, shootings, and looters fighting each other. I am afraid to go back to work tomorrow.