Proposed and delayed WinCo in Centralia, WA

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Proposed and delayed WinCo in Centralia, WA

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: May 13th, 2024, 8:56 pm
I think the WinCo pricing on non foods makes senee. They know their customer is going to shop for the lowest price and they cannot achieve economy of scale in those categories where the customer is already shopping Walmart, Target, Costco or Sam's. They carry them for convenience purposes only and still manage to be cheaper than the drugstores at least.
They seem to go back and forth on what they want to do with non food. Their drug/HBA assortment is wider now than it once was. Pet category is odd and I think they could get more sales out of that with a different mix/sharper pricing- they are over SKUed on some pet brands, under SKUed on others, match Wal Mart prices on a lot of pet food yet still don't seem to be selling much. They get a fairly deep seasonal assortment with a lot of rather low quality household type items or decor type items that I've bought more than a few of and the quality is rarely good (being polite), even for the low price I pay, I often regret my purchases.

They'll sometimes have oversupply of some items that are good. Haven't seen that in a while. One year I bought a bunch of countertop Conair lit mirrors there - made for great small informal office type gifts- like $2 each or something. Only recently got rid of the last of those. Boxes were in perfect condition too.