McDonald’s Grimace Meal

SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: McDonald’s Grimace Meal

Post by SamSpade »

I'm really surprised, I thought this Grimace thing would be a flash in the pan but it keeps going and going... I really do kinda wanna try the shake. But I don't want the french fries or the rest.

I will say I do like the new improved Big Mac but would rather order a double cheeseburger with Mac sauce and lettuce if I could do it that way (the pricing is certainly different!). Does the sesame seed bun get made differently?

I am really happy the cheese moved. Because now I can throw out that stupid middle bun I don't want.

Anyway... this was kinda fun to see. This site apparently has some way to scrape pricing data (and track increases) across all 50 states. Really interesting to get an idea of how different franchises and corporate stores might be pricing the food.
https://pantryandlarder.com/mccheapest
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

When I went to claim the free medium fry today with a retail value of 3.99 (..wow) along with a $1 12oz iced tea and a free 16oz water cup, I noticed the bag and water cup both had Grimace promotional material on them. The 12oz cup was an old paper cup and the fry box was the same old fry box.

The 8 minutes I was there waiting for my order the menus were constantly playing a loop promoting the Grimace thing.

Also this location's ice cream/shake machine was out for service (literally removed from the building) and had been for quite some time according to the employee I asked, so they have no way to even sell the Grimace Meal there.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

This pricing thing is very interesting. It was last updated 2/2023 and there have been increases since then in some places.

The most interesting thing is how their pricing is so out of line in Arizona. There must be a regional decision there to just price outrageously.

There are still pockets of appropriately priced locations throughout CA, OR, and WA which is also interesting given the wage situation.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

SamSpade wrote: June 30th, 2023, 3:10 pm I'm really surprised, I thought this Grimace thing would be a flash in the pan but it keeps going and going... I really do kinda wanna try the shake. But I don't want the french fries or the rest.
I was wondering too… it does seem to be lasting quite a while, my guess was when we got into July it was phasing out, but who knows.

Personally I don’t like the Big Mac sauce at all. If I get a Big Mac I have them hold the sauce. I’ve been ordering the double cheeseburger meal lately that comes with 2 burgers, fries and drink, but the Big Mac is better.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

cjd wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 9:26 am
SamSpade wrote: June 30th, 2023, 3:10 pm I'm really surprised, I thought this Grimace thing would be a flash in the pan but it keeps going and going... I really do kinda wanna try the shake. But I don't want the french fries or the rest.
I was wondering too… it does seem to be lasting quite a while, my guess was when we got into July it was phasing out, but who knows.

Personally I don’t like the Big Mac sauce at all. If I get a Big Mac I have them hold the sauce. I’ve been ordering the double cheeseburger meal lately that comes with 2 burgers, fries and drink, but the Big Mac is better.
Not sure how long McD's planned for the promotion to last, but it's become an Instagram favorite and numerous celebrities have jumped onboard. HUGE free marketing. Not surprised McD's is riding it out. Kinda ironic how a silly, non-promotion became a huge success.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Bagels wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 10:26 pm
cjd wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 9:26 am

Not sure how long McD's planned for the promotion to last, but it's become an Instagram favorite and numerous celebrities have jumped onboard. HUGE free marketing. Not surprised McD's is riding it out. Kinda ironic how a silly, non-promotion became a huge success.
Most people are like cattle........................they just love to "follow". The internet and social media are the perfect infrastructure for that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

Agreed… the Grimace thing has definitely become a pop culture thing lately, at least in social media lane.

Funny too, since the McDonalds had let the McDonaldland characters go dormant for a long time…
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

This thing seems to have taken on a life of its own for some odd reason. On my Facebook feed I see that a firework stand run by someone I knew in Washington was selling a Grimace's Birthday firework set, consisting of a firework called "Combo Meal" and four different purple fountains and multi-shot cakes..

Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

It appears that the promotion is now scheduled to end on 7/9, one month after it started. Not sure if that was the original plan or if it was extended due to demand.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

If they put a deadline more people will buy it thinking it is going to be gone forever. Then they will probably bring it back in a few months and more people will buy it like crazy.