Wendy's

Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Wendy's

Post by Brian Lutz »

Around here the vast majority of fast food places (including Wendy's) have returned to more or less normal operation, although I've seen a number of McDonald's and Taco Bells that will only take dine-in orders through the kiosks. Oddly enough Sonic seems to be the most notable holdout with remaining drive-thru only although if you order through the app they will still bring your order to your car. I've also seen some McDonald's which are also closing the lobby and curbside pickup at 6pm and going to drive-thru only until they close for the evening.

For the most part Wendy's is fairly consistent around here, although there seem to be one or two "problem child" locations that have a much more pronounced tendency to get orders wrong or take excessively long to complete them. As long as we avoid those ones they are usually pretty consistent. In fact, it seems like most of the fast food places in Lake Stevens (McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell) have become a lot more inconsistent over the past couple of years, to the point that we generally prefer the Taco Bell and McDonald's in Snohomish and the Wendy's in Downtown Everett instead even though they are all farther away.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

New Item at Wendy's

Post by SamSpade »

Strawberry Frosty temporarily replacing vanilla.
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2022/06/w ... ty-flavor/
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wendy's used to mix half chocolate and vanilla for its Frostys. This was dangerous as people with chocolate allergies had no choice. Then pure vanilla came out. Now Strawberry is replacing vanilla. I am allergic to Strawberry and now my free junior Frosty keychain tag is worthless to me now. I paid $2 for that.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Alpha8472 wrote: June 6th, 2022, 6:15 pm Wendy's used to mix half chocolate and vanilla for its Frostys. This was dangerous as people with chocolate allergies had no choice. Then pure vanilla came out. Now Strawberry is replacing vanilla. I am allergic to Strawberry and now my free junior Frosty keychain tag is worthless to me now. I paid $2 for that.
Is there any indication that there is any kind of real strawberry anything in this product? I'm guessing all artificial flavoring.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: June 6th, 2022, 6:15 pm Wendy's used to mix half chocolate and vanilla for its Frostys. This was dangerous as people with chocolate allergies had no choice. Then pure vanilla came out. Now Strawberry is replacing vanilla. I am allergic to Strawberry and now my free junior Frosty keychain tag is worthless to me now. I paid $2 for that.
Wendys has two separate machines one to dispense the classic frosty and one to dispense the vanilla or strawberry frosty. So the frosty in the classic machine will not come into contact with the strawberry.

I am excited to try the strawberry frosty, I doubt it has any real strawberry anything though.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I checked the ingredients and they use real strawberries for the syrup. I used to get Strawberry Fanta from Jack In The Box years ago and never got an allergic reaction. Back 20 years ago, most fruit sodas seemed artificially flavored.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Tried the Wendys strawberry frosty. 12oz size (I think it was 12oz) cost 1.89. Wasn't long ago it was .99. Anyway, this is an excellent product. It isn't overly sweet and the strawberry flavor is very subtle. It is a very good addition and I hope to see them keep it longer than just this summer.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

storewanderer wrote: June 12th, 2022, 9:35 pm Tried the Wendys strawberry frosty. 12oz size (I think it was 12oz) cost 1.89. Wasn't long ago it was .99. Anyway, this is an excellent product. It isn't overly sweet and the strawberry flavor is very subtle. It is a very good addition and I hope to see them keep it longer than just this summer.
I tried it this week and really liked it too. I was actually going to order a vanilla and noticed the strawberry replaced it so thought why not. I agree it is good, it actually seemed on par with a strawberry milkshake from some of the more expensive ice cream places, like Twistee Treat.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wendy's is starting a $3 Breakfast deal on October 24.

For $3, the deal includes either a Bacon, Egg & Cheese Croissant or a Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant plus a small order of Seasoned Potatoes.

Wendy's tried to do breakfast back in 2020, but they never really got many customers. Do they all do breakfast now?

https://www.brandeating.com/2022/10/wen ... -2022.html
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

All Wendy's sell breakfast. Based on the ongoing promotions, it appears they are having problems with traffic. The product is excellent.

I quit going to Wendys in Reno/Sparks, NV during breakfast because the doors were always locked, even at 9 or 10 AM, and they were drive through only. For some reason the drive through even with little to no traffic was very slow. The employees inside were just standing around talking or screwing around, clearly not used to having many customers. This seems to be continuing at least as of last month when I tried, once, to go sometime after 9 AM.