Dollar General eyeing locations in Washington state

cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Dollar General eyeing locations in Washington state

Post by cjd »

Though my area already has Walmart, supermarkets, big box, etc, Dollar General really seems to be going after the more spread out areas.

They have moved out of the shopping centers and are building stores in areas that are a 5-10 minute drive from major shopping, or more, but have a large population. In the last few years they've built stores in front of retirement communities and out in rural areas.

Just recently they built a store right in my neighborhood. There was already a DG built about 4 years ago, but with this one I don't even have to cross the highway. Really surprised to see a commercial place pop up in a neighborhood, but with DG not so much.

I do agree it feels like a metal building inside, the roof makes noises, but it's clean and kept up well, like the others I've been to.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Dollar General seems to be concentrating on the area between Longview and Olympia now. A store is coming to Castle Rock, and several other towns under consideration are Pe Ell, Morton, Winlock, and another in Centralia.

http://www.chronline.com/business/dolla ... 9b5ee.html

I could see potential for Dollar General to pop up in a few areas between Longview and Vancouver.
seaguy11

Post by seaguy11 »

I read that Dollar General is eyeing a spot along SR20 in Concrete WA for a new store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk