TV advertising

Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

TV advertising

Post by SamSpade »

In the Philadelphia market I've seen bookends for Aldi (specials), Giant (every day low prices / Bonus Buys / official partner of the Phillies).
Via a column in RadioINK:
by using Scarborough, you can determine what percentage of your market is consuming the bulk of television. The example I created showed that nearly one-third of the market watched less than ½ hour of broadcast TV per week. In other words, no amount of TV advertising will impact – or reach – this portion of the population.

The first question many may ask is, who are these non-viewers and how do they differ from the rest of the population? There is a massive amount of national data that shows that they are younger and more affluent than the general population.
No sign of ACME yet.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: TV advertising

Post by mbz321 »

Younger people aren't watching broadcast TV? Color me shocked.

I am in the same 'market' and have noticed the same..Giant and Aldi advertising heavily, and ShopRite here and there, although I've noticed Whole Foods ads on TV in the last couple months, something I never recall seeing before. Sometimes Weis has radio ads on some of the Philly area stations. Nothing from Acme that I recall in quite a while.