Fred Meyer and Harris Teeter Kroger phones?

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
omnisuperstore
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Fred Meyer and Harris Teeter Kroger phones?

Post by omnisuperstore » June 1st, 2019, 7:06 pm

Has Fred Meyer replaced the ROLM telephone systems with the standard Kroger Cisco IP platform?

Additionally, anyone know why Harris Teeter has stuck onto their antiquated phone systems with separate microphones for paging at check stands? They were never replaced with Kroger’s former Nortel BCM phone system rollout....I am curious why they have not updated to Kroger’s current standard Cisco IP telephony platform either?

storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Fred Meyer and Harris Teeter Kroger phones?

Post by storewanderer » June 1st, 2019, 11:29 pm

Harris Teeter is on Kroger's cash registers and that is really it. They are still on their old systems for private label (even redesigning the old private label as we speak into designs that are NOT Kroger designs...), shelf tags, merchandising, perimeter, ads, and basically everything else. Some of those Harris Teeter private label items are coming out of Kroger plants, though.

They do have a few random Simple Truth items sitting around but HT Organics is much more common. HT private label is still in full swing even in the drug category.

Kroger has opted to not ruin Harris Teeter with its current (past couple years) round of mass standardization to the Kroger, Smiths, Ralphs, Frys, Fred Meyer, Dillons, etc. banners that has been in my view not good.

Harris Teeter must make a ton of money to continue so independently.

omnisuperstore
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Fred Meyer and Harris Teeter Kroger phones?

Post by omnisuperstore » June 3rd, 2019, 7:22 pm

Thank you, I’ve seen those not so good changes here at Mariano’s in Chicago.