Publix Debuts New Decor and Uniforms

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. No non-grocery posts.
Knight
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Publix Debuts New Decor and Uniforms

Post by Knight »

Publix Super Markets has unveiled a new decor package for its Publix supermarkets and uniforms for associates working at Publix store locations. Publix #1666, Gateway Commons, 9520 Buffalo Road, Palmetto, Florida 34221, is the first Publix store location to feature the changes.

In regards to uniforms, associates in Customer Service and Grocery are wearing dark green polos, and associates in Deli are wearing grey polos.

The decor is cleaner and modern.
klkla

Re: Publix Debuts New Decor and Uniforms

Post by klkla »

It definitely looks nicer than any Publix I've been in before and yet managed to keep the terrazzo floors:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb ... CnoECA8QBg
Knight
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Knight »

I like the new decor package. The package exceeds the latest decor of competitor Southeastern Grocers (BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harvey's, and Winn-Dixie).

Publix store locations in development may utilize the new decor package.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

That looks really nice. It's not that different than the previous decor, although I really like the gray and green tones together. It looks modern and clean. The elevated seating area is really nice, sometimes I get a sandwich for lunch at Publix and that would make a great place to sit and eat rather than having to eat in the car in the summer.

The self checkouts is unusual to me for a Publix. I've never seen one with them, although most of the ones in my area are new builds in the last few years.
BatteryMill
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by BatteryMill »

Personally, I find this package to be weaker than what they previously used. All it really seems to do is capitalize on the neutral color trend that many retailers use nowadays. I prefer the previous décor for how homely and colorful it looked for Publix. On the bright side though, this package is still modern, emphasis is well placed on the deli, and it looks great in urban areas.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

I like the older look too, although I just noticed in the pictures that in this new decor the columns and open roof are painted black. I think i prefer that to the brown they used previously. Also, I'm surprised to see the 2x2 dropped ceiling over the center aisles. I hadn't seen that used in the newer stores around here. Maybe they only feature it in stores above a certain square footage.

I do wonder what the counter next to the customer service desk is for that's labeled Pickup. It looks like there are coolers behind it and another set of coolers and a warming cabinet next to it. In another picture I see an area with shelves and a glass door leading outside. It doesn't look like these areas are fully up and running, whatever they are.