Advance Auto Parts buys DieHard brand

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Super S

Advance Auto Parts buys DieHard brand

Post by Super S »

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/23/advance ... AzfIb42esU

Advance stores in my area seem to be struggling to compete, and the location near me closed this year. This might help bring them some traffic as it is a well-known name.

Another reason to not visit Sears though...
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Advance Auto Parts buys DieHard brand

Post by SamSpade »

Beat me to it, Super S.
Here's the AP article via the Dallas Morning News:
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... aise-cash/
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Recently in the market for a car battery to replace an old Die Hard that lasted a lot longer than it was expected to, I didn't pursue Die Hard knowing how many locations closed and concern over where warranty would be supported in the event it was necessary (the one I replaced was years past warranty, it did very well).

This is an interesting development given how close Eddie has been to Auto Zone in the past. I would have expected a different result.
Super S

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 9:57 pm Recently in the market for a car battery to replace an old Die Hard that lasted a lot longer than it was expected to, I didn't pursue Die Hard knowing how many locations closed and concern over where warranty would be supported in the event it was necessary (the one I replaced was years past warranty, it did very well).

This is an interesting development given how close Eddie has been to Auto Zone in the past. I would have expected a different result.
I used to use DieHard myself and had good luck with them. But local warranty support is a must for me. As I mentioned the local Advance store closed this year, leaving a Sears Hometown which has a questionable future at best. It's hard to warranty a battery without local support.