Tuesday Morning Files for Bankruptcy

bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Tuesday Morning Files for Bankruptcy

Post by bryceleinan »

Pages 34-38 show all the closing stores... so far, I know that Oregon and Nevada will not have any remaining locations:

https://cases.stretto.com/public/x226/1 ... 000095.pdf
dcpeachy
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by dcpeachy »

They had a link to a "prettier" list in a store closing email I just received. Albuquerque's last store, along with Santa Fe, are closing this round. Albuquerque had another store close over the Christmas season, but it was a slow burn to nothing sale. This round will leave New Mexico with stores in Las Cruces and Taos. Taos is a head-scratcher.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

bryceleinan wrote:Pages 34-38 show all the closing stores... so far, I know that Oregon and Nevada will not have any remaining locations:

https://cases.stretto.com/public/x226/1 ... 000095.pdf
Definitely disappearing from Sacramento if not the Golden State entirely:the last three local locations (Roseville, Citrus Heights,and Folsom)are all on the liquidation list.Natomas and Arden South closed within the past few weeks.Elk Grove was lost in the previous bankruptcy,while Pocket/greenhaven (Rush River Bel Air Center)was gone by summer 2019.

Their previous(before relocating near Sam's Club)Citrus Heights location in Sunrise Village (previously a short lived Office Depot)was larger and well stocked.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

rwsandiego wrote: February 14th, 2023, 1:21 pm Not sure why, but I went into a Tuesday Morning last weekend and left thinking "how have they not gone bankrupt?". Little did I know...
Did they have liquidation style "Storewide Sale" signs posted on the front windows? Store in Carson City has had those signs up for the past couple weeks.

Inventory level is really low. There were some "Made in Italy" pans I was very close to buying, but some online reviews I read stopped me.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: February 14th, 2023, 8:22 pm
rwsandiego wrote: February 14th, 2023, 1:21 pm Not sure why, but I went into a Tuesday Morning last weekend and left thinking "how have they not gone bankrupt?". Little did I know...
Did they have liquidation style "Storewide Sale" signs posted on the front windows? Store in Carson City has had those signs up for the past couple weeks....
No, they didn't. Just the ordinary hodgepodge of signage and merchandise.
storewanderer wrote: February 14th, 2023, 8:22 pm Inventory level is really low. There were some "Made in Italy" pans I was very close to buying, but some online reviews I read stopped me.
This location was chock full of stuff, none of which I'd want to buy. It is located in a recently renovated (2014 or 15, I think) shopping center that has a very nice Ross (you read that correctly), a big Ace hardware, and a Jo Ann Fabrics. I still can't remember why I was in the shopping center and/or why I popped into Tuesday Morning. Maybe I was driving home from Safeway and Chop Shop and wanted to see what was up.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

https://www.tuesdaymorning.com/stores/ca.html

Update to my last post:it appears that all remaining California Pacific time zone stores are liquidating as early as tomorrow.Idaho(2 Boise locations)and Arizona (roughly half their current stores will remain)will be the westernmost states with a TM presence post reorganization.Recently closed locations(all states) remain listed.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

Funny, but the Tuesday Morning I visited is one of the few in metro Phoenix that isn't closing.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

Welp, looks like they are gone from the Philadelphia area market after this round of closures.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

Back in the 1990's Tuesday Morning was great. They had very few stores and, as the commercial upthread pointed out, they were hard to find. Typically, tucked away in a third-tier strip mall located next to a freeway exit ramp. They had actual "finds." I bought Ralph Lauren sheets for $20 and a Crock Pot brand slow cooker for $10. Then, they opened hundreds and hundreds of stores, started selling junk, and moved from third-tier locations to new strip malls.

What could possibly have gone wrong?
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

exactly...in the 80s/90s visited their location in Warson Woods, MO in the back of a 2d-tier stripmall in a relatively upscale neighborhood...got some good values. Has waned as the years have gone on.