ALDI to add 70 new stores by next year

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
Bakeragr
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Re: ALDI to add 70 new stores by next year

Post by Bakeragr »

In Missouri (where they've been around since the late 70's, I believe), there's an Aldi in pretty much any town with a population greater than 10,000. Pretty much any town of that size will have a Walmart Supercenter, Aldi and some store most likely supplied by AWG at a minimum. Now they are going around replacing and expanding the prior locations, adding more produce and freezer space.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

They entered St. Louis in 1978 or so...one of their first locations was in an old Schnucks (10k sqft) on Manchester Road in Rock Hill.
bayford
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by bayford »

HCal wrote: May 30th, 2023, 1:10 am
jamcool wrote: May 28th, 2023, 11:39 am Except a Safeway will have a full service meat department bakery and deli and more name brand items (no one desires Aldi Cola or whatever it is).
Well, I have a bottle of "Summit" Cola in my fridge right now :roll: But Aldi sells 2 L Coke too, it's one of their few name brand products.
Nearby Aldi locations started carrying 12-packs of Pepsi and Diet Pepsi several months ago. The price is relatively high since they don't run promotions on it, but it's there alongside the Coca-Cola and Summit products.