Rite Aid Logo Change

storewanderer

Rite Aid Logo Change

Post by storewanderer »

Rite Aid logo change appears to be a go at least in some regions. New logo in receipt in Northern California as of early this week. But later this week I purchased in Gardnerville, NV Rite Aid and the receipt there still had the old logo. New logo will be in the print ads at least in some regions starting the week of the 20th.

Looked around for store brand items including Halloween stuff just put out, but not seeing any logo changes on those yet. So it appears they are moving forward with this now at least in some regions.

Yet the website still seems to have the old logo everywhere. It seems like that would be an easy place to make an initial change or a transition?
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Rite Aid Logo Change

Post by marshd1000 »

I saw my first Rite Aid TV ad today with the new logo. I am also here in Renton, WA south of Seattle and the Rite Aid at Renton Village has the new sign on the shopping center entry sign. The sign on the store itself had not been replaced. But the logo had been the red logo commonly used on the old PayLess Drug locations. In fact, this particular was opened as a Pay 'n Save. The original PayLess in this part of town was at Rainier Avenue South and Grady Way where the current Walmart Supercenter is. That particular PayLess was one of the really large stores that had been a Gov-Mart Bazaar store!
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

What is interesting is the new logo is sort of kind of okay on the receipt (in black font). But the actual new logo in color format just doesn't stand out at all, the colors need some darkness or brightness or both.
Super S

Post by Super S »

marshd1000 wrote: September 12th, 2020, 3:31 pm I saw my first Rite Aid TV ad today with the new logo. I am also here in Renton, WA south of Seattle and the Rite Aid at Renton Village has the new sign on the shopping center entry sign. The sign on the store itself had not been replaced. But the logo had been the red logo commonly used on the old PayLess Drug locations. In fact, this particular was opened as a Pay 'n Save. The original PayLess in this part of town was at Rainier Avenue South and Grady Way where the current Walmart Supercenter is. That particular PayLess was one of the really large stores that had been a Gov-Mart Bazaar store!
There are still plenty of Rite Aid locations which have those red signs. What I find interesting is that some stores have replaced said signs (with the previous logo) during recent remodels where others have not.

I also have to wonder if the new logo was conceived during the time there was talk of Albertsons joining with Rite Aid. The "leaf" in the logo looks an awful lot like the leaf in the Albertsons logo...
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

The logo change is in full effect. I have seen new signs now in Pismo Beach, Costa Mesa and yesterday in Encinitas. The Encinitas one was pretty bad - the new blue and green sign was installed on the pylon, but the frame had not been repainted and was still a garish bright red.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: September 14th, 2020, 11:03 pm The logo change is in full effect. I have seen new signs now in Pismo Beach, Costa Mesa and yesterday in Encinitas. The Encinitas one was pretty bad - the new blue and green sign was installed on the pylon, but the frame had not been repainted and was still a garish bright red.
Sounds about right. It was convenient before in the 90's when Rite Aid displayed its logo in either red/white or blue/white so they could make decisions like going with the red/white when replacing an old Thrifty pylon that was red...

So question, did they replace the small walkway sign above the door with one that has the new logo too or did they leave that sign up?
Super S

Post by Super S »

I went to Kelso, WA today to get rid of some used motor oil at a collection facility near the Rite Aid and stumbled upon a brand new sign on the building:
DSCN6479.JPG
This location (which received an interior remodel in the last couple years) has had many signs over the years: Giant T, Thrifty, Pay 'N Save, PayLess Drug, and the red logo that was installed when Rite Aid took over the building after buying PayLess. I think this is the first time ever at this location where a sign has been updated with the same name.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Super S wrote: September 17th, 2020, 7:06 pm I went to Kelso, WA today to get rid of some used motor oil at a collection facility near the Rite Aid and stumbled upon a brand new sign on the building:

DSCN6479.JPG

This location (which received an interior remodel in the last couple years) has had many signs over the years: Giant T, Thrifty, Pay 'N Save, PayLess Drug, and the red logo that was installed when Rite Aid took over the building after buying PayLess. I think this is the first time ever at this location where a sign has been updated with the same name.
How would it have looked if they had kept the Rite Aid letters blue...
Super S

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote: September 17th, 2020, 7:37 pm
Super S wrote: September 17th, 2020, 7:06 pm I went to Kelso, WA today to get rid of some used motor oil at a collection facility near the Rite Aid and stumbled upon a brand new sign on the building:

DSCN6479.JPG

How would it have looked if they had kept the Rite Aid letters blue...
This one was red...this is a photo I found of the same location but a different angle with the old sign:
Rite Aid angle.JPG
This one would have looked better with blue letters, I agree. But when that old Rite Aid sign was put up the building had shake shingles, the metal came later on and I think was a different color at first, changing to blue at some point after Wilco opened at the other end of the shopping center.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

Weekly sales ad in my area has the new logo so it is indeed going out far and wide.