Walgreens Closures Continue in San Francisco

storewanderer

Re: Walgreens Closures Continue in San Francisco

Post by storewanderer »

buckguy wrote: November 1st, 2022, 11:16 am ... H-T has one (they usually do, but I never see anyone using them)....
I strongly suggest using such a pharmacy, if you need to go to a pharmacy.

Or find a good independent.

Kroger runs very high volume pharmacies in Smiths and Fred Meyer. They seem to have more customers than they know what to do with. Ralphs pharmacies don't seem very busy. They have had to expand pharmacy work area in 3 Reno area Smiths in the past few years due to needing more space to handle the volume. These pharmacies were already built relatively large to begin with.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

https://www.wjtv.com/news/local-news/ja ... his-month/

Not explicitly mentioned in the news story but the video caption clearly shows that this was an RA-1 unit though I'm not certain RAD interior it ultimately had before divestiture and conversion.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 9:47 pm https://www.wjtv.com/news/local-news/ja ... his-month/

Not explicitly mentioned in the news story but the video caption clearly shows that this was an RA-1 unit though I'm not certain RAD interior it ultimately had before divestiture and conversion.

Strange they painted the diamond windows white. Guess they really wanted to run a covert operation in there.

I think it may have had the Wellness remodel though. Walgreens has those decal stickers on the windows next to the front door and typically those went up to replace the green Wellness leaf stickers Rite Aid would put on the windows of Wellness Stores.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/ ... n-roxbury/

I wonder if any of these were acquired RAD or Medimart(acquired in the mid-1980's,they wouldn't acquire another chain until the 2000's) locations.

storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

90 River Street appears to be a poorly located but perhaps brand new Rite Aid Wellness store in what looks like a basement of a run down shopping center with a side driveway/its own parking lot. But I wonder if it just has a new looking exterior and is really a very old store.

Roxbury is an original Walgreens...

Hyde Park is a former Rite Aid with a very cheaply done Brooks/Eckerd conversion interior. Someone laid a light wood floor "path" to the pharmacy, not sure if that was Walgreens or Rite Aid. This store, I am very suspicious may have been built as an Osco. Osco in MA was sold to Brooks in 2001.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

https://www.qchron.com/editions/queensw ... d3c2b.html

Another acquired RAD bites the dust.The awning gives away it's RA-1 roots(may have actually been an older store remodeled into this format), uncertain whether it got a wellness remodel prior to divestiture.Even RAD closing the one Forest Hills location it had left this past spring didn't give this cast-off enough of a boost.

storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: January 30th, 2023, 1:34 pm https://www.qchron.com/editions/queensw ... d3c2b.html

Another acquired RAD bites the dust.The awning gives away it's RA-1 roots(may have actually been an older store remodeled into this format), uncertain whether it got a wellness remodel prior to divestiture.Even RAD closing the one Forest Hills location it had left this past spring didn't give this cast-off enough of a boost.

Looks like it got the low end version of Wellness remodel (take RA1 floor remove blue tiles and put brown tiles, and repaint the walls).

Looks like a really old building that got a new front. Doesn't fit into the neighborhood well at all.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

https://bestlifeonline.com/walgreens-ba ... bags-news/

Not the drugstore chain you would expect to resort to extreme measures though I have noticed that Citrus Heights Dewey (itself having a 24 hour front end)does lock up more merchandise than the Sunrise Village RAD.

BatteryMill
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by BatteryMill »

Somewhat related to this, but recently in opposition to Walgreens discontinuing abortion products across several states, governor Gavin Newsom has announced his government will cease doing business with the company in the state of California.

What does this mean exactly for Walgreens - will all locations shutter? (note that I am not interested in bringing up the politics of this change, rather focusing on the state of Walgreens drugstores and pharmacies).
steps
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Post by steps »

BatteryMill wrote: March 8th, 2023, 3:16 pm Somewhat related to this, but recently in opposition to Walgreens discontinuing abortion products across several states, governor Gavin Newsom has announced his government will cease doing business with the company in the state of California.

What does this mean exactly for Walgreens - will all locations shutter? (note that I am not interested in bringing up the politics of this change, rather focusing on the state of Walgreens drugstores and pharmacies).
I think it means the state government, likely the Governor's office itself will no longer do business with Walgreens. All purchases made from Walgreens and maybe even prescriptions.