Gas Stations and Car Washes

storewanderer

Re: Gas Stations and Car Washes

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: June 14th, 2022, 5:24 pm

Quick Quack sold one site to Surf Thru - the one at Legends in Sparks. Surf Thru is also going on a building spree in Oregon and in other areas of California without Quick Quacks. I would not be shocked to see those chains merge in the future.
I keep getting these washes confused.

There are a few other groups building car washes too. One at Damonte Ranch offramp (by Big O) called Evolution Car Wash which I think I've seen before; another in NW Reno at Keystone offramp (actually two there- one at the old bowling alley and one right above it next to the CVS replacement).
Alpha8472

Re: Gas Stations and Car Washes

Post by Alpha8472 »

In the San Francisco Bay Area, many car washes have been taken over by a chain called Ducky's Car Wash. This had led to a chain of gas station car washes that have the Ducky's Car Wash branding. The car washes at a Chevron and Texaco have been turned into machine and hand wash combinations. You might run the car through the machine and then an employee cleans the inside and dries it off. Or you could just do the machine wash and pay a monthly fee. They also have full hand washing. So now the gas station has tons of cars blocking the parking lot and you cannot find a space to park to use the convenience store.

This chain is always pushing the monthly car wash membership. It seems like a good deal at first, but overtime it is a lot of money. You forget to use the car wash. In this area, it does not rain much at all. There is no mud to get cars dirty. You might see a little dust after a month or two. I just don't see it as a good value.

I would not pay a monthly fee to use a tiny gas station machine car wash.