CVS Store Closure Sparks, NV

storewanderer

Re: CVS Store Closure Sparks, NV

Post by storewanderer »

rwsandiego wrote: June 16th, 2021, 8:46 pm One of the three (3!!) CVSs in the Point Loma area of San Diego (a former Long's) was split between a Grocery Outlet and CVS. If memory serves, that store started as a Ralphs before becoming a Long's. It's at the intersection of West Point Loma Drive, Midway Drive, and Sports Arena Blvd. It was trashy as a Longs. The second one was a trashy SavOn (Midway Drive and Rosecrans). When it was remodeled CVS closed on entrance but did a terrible job painting over the glass door. From the Google Maps pics it seems it has been remodeled again. This time the front is papered over with CVS signage. It looks a LOT better. The third one was just south of this one on Rosecrans. Looks like it has closed.

One thing I'll say for CVS is they eliminated the ridiculously high prices Longs used to charge at the Horton Plaza mini-store. The first year I lived in downtown San Diego that was the only drugstore and they charged much higher prices than any other Longs. CVS aligned the prices with other CVSs.
I remember that Longs Horton Plaza was always excluded from Longs ads.

CVS has quite a few different price scales going on... there are only two price scales in my area at this time. At one time there were at least 4 different price scales. It did seem like the stores in the worst neighborhoods had the lowest price scales.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

I wonder what interior this store had at the end,as I don't recall seeing interior photos in the reviews on either Yelp or Google Maps.
For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: April 26th, 2022, 7:56 pm I wonder what interior this store had at the end,as I don't recall seeing interior photos in the reviews on either Yelp or Google Maps.
The Sparks CVS that closed had the standard Longs Conversion interior (rectangle hanging signs). This was a dire store. It had the same layout as the unit at 5019 S. McCarran in Reno has and I suspect many larger former Longs.

As Longs it had the usual Longs interior- 80's tan floors and giant cut out wall letters against walls that were once white but needed to be scrubbed badly. Add in a dusty smell through the HVAC and it was the usual OLD Longs experience. Dire and horrible. It wasn't very busy as Longs either.

Most CVS around Reno have that interior but slowly they are remodeling. There are still a couple CVS with the Sav-On conversion interior (similar to the Longs conversion interior, but instead of rectangle signs they have rounded-bottom signs):
Carson City-Fairview Lane (Sav-On build)
Reno-Northtowne Lane (CVS built this one as a 24 hour store, big flop, currently the only CVS in the area with no self checkout...)