Round Table Pizza

storewanderer

Round Table Pizza

Post by storewanderer »

This chain seems to be shrinking its geography back to being a CA only chain.

2010 has not been kind to this chain. In NV the Las Vegas locations all closed; they were franchise. Up in the rest of NV the Round Tables were corporate; locations have closed in Fallon, Reno (one location), Spring Creek, and Sparks (one location).

I noticed in the past couple months the two franchise locations in Truckee, CA and S. Lake Tahoe, CA have both closed (but the closure appears temporary).

They closed all of their locations in ID in 2008.

They also appear to be out of locations in UT. They were in UT before, right? I could have sworn I saw them there...
VibeGuy
Cashier
Cashier

Re: Round Table Pizza

Post by VibeGuy »

Oddly, in WA, they seem to be a bit resurgent. They're doing more TV advertising again, and a few newer locations have opened in recent years. A quick tour through the website was initially alarming when only CA and WA locations came up...and not all of the WA locations were on there. It's not initially clear that the Locations feature only brings up stores that are doing online ordering.

The Gig Harbor store is operated by a group that also has stores in like Santa Rosa, CA. They've recently put in a few bucks of upgrades to support the lunchtime buffet program, a space that I'm not sure I'd want to be competing in, as it seems very price-driven-race-to-the-bottom, and Round Table has typically not been the low-price pizza in the market. Many of the locations in the greater Seattle area look a bit dated - colors and graphics dating from the late 80s/early 90s decor program.

I've been a fan of Round Table since they opened a location in the late 70s at the corner of State and Glenwood in Boise-nearly-Eagle, ID. It's not the technically best pizza on the planet, but of that style (medium crust with some chew, very toppings-driven), it's well-made and fresh, and if they leave it in the oven long enough to actually brown the cheese, render the fat from the meat toppings and concentrate the flavor of the veggies (without torching it), it's really the pizza I crave.
tesg
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by tesg »

Round Table's last two Utah locations...both in the Salt Lake City area...closed years ago. Maybe ten years ago now.

Unless their website hasn't been updated, they still list four Las Vegas area locations. I ate at one last March. It was being poorly run by kids, and a four-topping pizza and a drink set me back nearly $25. And the pizza wasn't all that great.

I had a lunch buffet in the Elko, NV store about a year ago. Not very good. But I had a good experience at the Lake Oswego, OR lunch buffet a few years back.

They're simply an outdated, overpriced business model with a quality of product that seems to be inconsistent depending on location.
Super S

Post by Super S »

The location in Longview, WA closed some time ago, it is now Vernie's pizza, a local independent.

Vancouver, WA has a few, one which is in a former Sizzler.

I have to agree the quality is spotty for the price these days. They are not what they used to be.