Kroger adds "Fresh Cart" icon to Kroger logo, banner logos

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

New Kroger logo?

Post by jamcool »

I noticed this Wednesday’s ad for Fry’s included a logo next to the Fry’s logo-a combination of a half of an orange and a shopping cart. Is this a new corporate logo for Kroger? (It has a curled handle similar to the curly-K logo)
BatteryMill
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: New Kroger logo?

Post by BatteryMill »

Just simply meh. I have a feeling this will probably overtake the wordmark within 5-10 years, much like what Walmart is now doing with their remodels and Target has been doing for a while now.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

jamcool wrote: September 8th, 2021, 8:07 am I noticed this Wednesday’s ad for Fry’s included a logo next to the Fry’s logo-a combination of a half of an orange and a shopping cart. Is this a new corporate logo for Kroger? (It has a curled handle similar to the curly-K logo)
Most Kroger banners now use this logo, except for F4L/Foods Co, Rvler (Ruler), and QFC.
BatteryMill wrote: September 8th, 2021, 11:02 am Just simply meh. I have a feeling this will probably overtake the wordmark within 5-10 years, much like what Walmart is now doing with their remodels and Target has been doing for a while now.
I can imagine them placing this logo on store exteriors above a Kroger/Ralphs/Fry's logo, making it larger than the aforementioned store logos.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Kroger is simply lost.

Terrible quality bakery/deli, produce and meat that can look fantastic one day and terrible the next day in the exact same store- a POS system in all but one division that still can't (won't?) accept Contactless Payments, and what are they focusing on? A new logo.

Wow.

Also, the new logo is not applied at Harris Teeter, QFC, Food 4 Less, FoodsCo. I am surprised to see it being applied at Fred Meyer but maybe that isn't a surprise.

The new logo looks really weird next to things like the classic looking Dillons logo or the classic looking King Soopers logo- those are already logos in themselves. It looks okay but completely pointless next to Smiths bland letters I guess. Smiths has never much of a logo.
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

babs wrote: September 8th, 2021, 9:22 pm The story behind it:
https://www.thekrogerco.com/about-kroger/our-brand/
It all sounds great. Developed by a marketing agency that is based in NY hundreds of miles from a physical Kroger location.

Looks like instead of flat out rebranding everything to Kroger they think using this cart will somehow unify all of the banners. Not sure most people will make the connection.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

storewanderer wrote: September 8th, 2021, 9:33 pm
It all sounds great. Developed by a marketing agency that is based in NY hundreds of miles from a physical Kroger location.

Looks like instead of flat out rebranding everything to Kroger they think using this cart will somehow unify all of the banners. Not sure most people will make the connection.
The new cart logo definitely looks like the "loopy K" in the Kroger logo. Ralphs is basically stopping short of a rebranding in other words.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

They could have just thrown a little Kroger logo up next to the Ralphs, etc. logos... given most everything in the store is already Kroger brand... and the stores are run to a modern day Kroger standard... which is not the same standard as Ralphs ran at 20 years ago.

Kind of reminds me of the Ahold Fruit Bowl logo. I prefer the Ahold one- more color.
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by HCal »

I don't see the point of unifying the brands. Local supermarket brands are strong and go back decades, there is no need to connect them. This cart/orange thing is cute, kind of reminds me of Calimax's logo, but I don't think it's going to help anything. I'm not even sure how it will go with some of the banners, unless they change the colors.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

To me this looks like the precursor to rebranding everything to Kroger. Similar to when Macy's had Lazarus-Macy's, Rich's-Macy's, etc.