Mcdonalds Eyebrow Remodel

Alpha8472

Mcdonalds Eyebrow Remodel

Post by Alpha8472 »

I saw an Eyebrow McDonald's undergoing a remodel. The Eyebrow is going away. I am surprised as it not that old looking.
Super S

Re: Mcdonalds Eyebrow Remodel

Post by Super S »

What is an "Eyebrow McDonald's"?
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The remodeled McDonald's from around 9 years ago featured the single yellow arch on the outside walls of the restaurant. The arch looks like an eyebrow.

The interior from that era was colorful and quite nice. The outside was bland and ugly. They did not need to change the inside.
BatteryMill
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by BatteryMill »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 21st, 2021, 11:38 am The remodeled McDonald's from around 9 years ago featured the single yellow arch on the outside walls of the restaurant. The arch looks like an eyebrow.

The interior from that era was colorful and quite nice. The outside was bland and ugly. They did not need to change the inside.
Many eyebrow/"Forever Young", as it's dubbed McDonald's have seemed to remodel in the past few years. This coincides with them adding in the touchscreen ordering booths.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 21st, 2021, 11:38 am The remodeled McDonald's from around 9 years ago featured the single yellow arch on the outside walls of the restaurant. The arch looks like an eyebrow.

Yes, I have seen a couple of those get remodeled in my area. I was surprised/confused when I saw them doing the remodels as I thought that was in line with the current modern design era.
Super S

Post by Super S »

I had never heard of the nickname but it makes sense now. I kinda miss the old school McDonald's known as the Mansard roof design, which seems to be quickly disappearing due to remodels/rebuilds.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The 2 mansard roofed McDonald's near me were demolished in the past 10 years. One was replaced by a smaller eyebrow down the street and the other sat empty for years until it was demolished for condominiums.

I saw a mansard roof McDonald's on Long Island in New York state in 2018. It was the last one I ever visited.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The last mansard roof McDonalds I know about was in Susanville, CA. But sometime in the past year, even it finally got remodeled. Single unit franchisee who seemed to do a good job delaying the mandatory remodel.

There was also a half mansard roof one in Burney, CA. It may have also been remodeled in the past few years. That one was built in the 90's. Low performing location.
DFWRetaileWatcher
Cashier
Cashier

Post by DFWRetaileWatcher »

I miss all of the old skool fast food restaurant decors in general. It gave them a certain regal distinction.

The remodels in 2021 just scream "generic" and "value engineered."

old kfc.PNG
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

Most of the McDonald's in my area were remodeled during the last 8 or 9 years to that eyebrow look. I usually call it the "gray box" look since they are all gray and have a boxy shape on the outside. There are no remaining mansard locations anywhere in my area, as they have all been redone or demolished and rebuilt. Strangely many of the demolished locations were fairly "new" having been built around the mid 90s. I believe I was told it was because those locations tended to be small inside.

I have not noticed any of these locations getting remodeled again though.

One thing I didn't like about most of these locations was the seating was very hard and crowded together at both of the ones in my town after the remodel. I have been to some other ones that have more separated booths with padded seats like they used to.