Walgreens in San Francisco Closed Due To Severe Vermin Infestation

Alpha8472

Walgreens in San Francisco Closed Due To Severe Vermin Infestation

Post by Alpha8472 »

A Walgreens in San Francisco in Noe Valley has been ordered closed due to a severe vermin infestation. Food packages were found to be ripped open and contaminated. A dead rat was found on a glue trap. The Health Department is requiring Walgreens to hire professional cleaning crews to clean up the mess.

Finally, a day when there will be no homeless shoplifters or robberies.
storewanderer

Re: Walgreens in San Francisco Closed Due To Severe Vermin Infestation

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: November 12th, 2021, 3:48 pm A Walgreens in San Francisco in Noe Valley has been ordered closed due to a severe vermin infestation. Food packages were found to be ripped open and contaminated. A dead rat was found on a glue trap. The Health Department is requiring Walgreens to hire professional cleaning crews to clean up the mess.

Finally, a day when there will be no homeless shoplifters or robberies.
There is a shortage of janitorial services. Might be the cause of what led to this.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

There's a Whole Foods in DC, in the Glover Park neighborhood, N of Georgetown, that has been closed for several years because of rats. WF had a long dispute with their landlord that was related to this and for awhile there was speculation they would simply close the store permanently. Rats seem to be a particular problem around restaurants and that area has always had a number. I don't know what they did to remediate, but the store is supposed to finally reopen soon. I wouldn't be surprised if SF has these kinds of "microenvironments" with the same problems. Glover Park, like Now Valley is pretty well-off.
klkla

Post by klkla »

Rats are a common problem in supermarkets but used to be more so.

Many more years ago than I care to admit, I worked for a supermarket chain back in the day when soda was sold in glass bottles. The cases that held the returned bottles waiting for the vendors to pick up were virtual rats nests. The old timers used to tag the rats and have them race each other when they were bored.