Fred Meyer to cease overnight music broadcast

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
Alpha8472

Re: Fred Meyer to cease overnight music broadcast

Post by Alpha8472 »

The security announcement only turns on late at night when security goes home. The service department opens at 7 AM, so I assume security works from about 6 AM to 10 PM. Once they leave, they turn on the announcements.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Fred Meyer to cease overnight music broadcast

Post by cjd »

Most dealerships in my area have gates that are shut at all the entrances when the last person leaves for the day. I have seen signs on some of them state that you are welcome to browse during the time the dealership is closed, and that there are closed circuit cameras monitoring the area.

Walmart here has music playing in front of the store, but I always assumed it was mainly for the customers at the drive in carport area waiting for curbside pickup.

I have not noticed many other stores playing music outdoors (well other than the outdoor garden centers for those that have them.) However, when Five Below first opened last fall, they had the doors propped open and there was a big speaker blasting music toward the parking lot. After about a month they closed the doors and did away with the speaker.

There was a Winn Dixie I visited in Sarasota (Transformational store, really nice) and it had wall mounted speakers that played music outside.

That brings up a memory as I can recall going to some older shopping centers (early/mid 70s era) as a child and seeing round speakers mounted outside on the ceiling of the front entrance areas of stores, but I don't recall them being used for anything. In fact it may have been Winn Dixie. Anyone remember seeing that?