Restaurant Brands buys Firehouse Subs for $1 Billion

Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Restaurant Brands buys Firehouse Subs for $1 Billion

Post by Brian Lutz »

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/fast-casual ... -1-billion

Restaurant Brands (the parent company of Burger King and Popeye's) is buying Firehouse Subs for $1 billion in cash. Don't know much about the brand (there's only one location I know of in the area) but they seem to be growing significantly, with a roughly 20% increase in same store sales since 2019.
Alpha8472

Re: Restaurant Brands buys Firehouse Subs for $1 Billion

Post by Alpha8472 »

The names is intriguing. It sounds much tastier than Burger King. It could be a good competitor to Subway.
storewanderer

Re: Restaurant Brands buys Firehouse Subs for $1 Billion

Post by storewanderer »

Firehouse puts out a good product. The sub meat is "steamed" and the bread is somehow toasted. The overall product is quite a bit more hot in temperature than Quiznos and there is a lot more meat on the sandwich than Quiznos (who thinks 3oz of meat is sufficient on a regular sub that costs $9) but it is sort of the same basic idea. I think Firehouse gets the right amount of meat on the sub to satisfy the customer for the price being charged (around $8). It is not loaded with meat, it is probably only 4 or 5 oz. of meat, but it is enough. Some items I have gotten from Firehouse, taste very similar to things I used to get at Quiznos, after I make some customizations.

Also with Firehouse you order at the counter then the sandwich is made so any customization options need to be done at the register when you pay. It doesn't cost extra but it needs to be punched with the order. They have quite a few condiment options available; multiple pepper types, etc., also a lot of bottled sauce options (which used to be self serve before COVID, who knows now). Firehouse also sells cookies that are baked in the location and those are quite good, and offers iced tea that is brewed in location.

Firehouse also packages the sub in a box so the sub will not get squished or otherwise damaged in form during transport.