KFC Quick Pick Up

Super S

Re: KFC Quick Pick Up

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote: November 28th, 2021, 11:00 am
Alpha8472 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 5:24 am That is absolutely terrible. It does not take any significant amount of extra labor if the food is just sitting on a shelf or counter for pick up.

I saw a KFC dining room filled with pick up orders. It is very popular and inside pickup seems to working at the KFC that I pass by everyday. I suspect that the large white bags sitting in the booths are Uber Eats or DoorDash pick ups.

The drive thru line is very short now. The Wendy's next door, which is drive thru only, had an out of control long line. Wendy's could reduce their drive thru wait time if they allowed people to go inside to pick up mobile orders. I am sure many of the cars in the drive thru are DoorDash.
This is what gets me. Here KFC has implemented a program that is supposed to save labor/cut employee interaction by having the self serve pick up for mobile orders. Yet the local franchisee in Reno, NV makes the decision to, despite purchasing equipment and putting Quick Pick Up signs up all over, not offer this after about two weeks time and instead force people back to the drive through, which, gee, takes up employee labor. You are short staffed and you are now adding employee interactions with customers that were supposed to be eliminated with the Contactless Quick Pick Up. I am not sure if the people running these businesses are just seriously confused, trying to run the businesses into the ground, or what.

Wendys is open inside sometimes... some days...
Ironically, where I live, Wendy's is one of the few fast food restaurants which has reliably had the dining room open, but the lines are still long in the drive-thru.

I (well, my sister who was visiting for a couple days) recently tried using DoorDash from a local restaurant. It was, to say the least, a disaster with the order all screwed up and taking a long time to get here. It would have been faster to call it in and pick it up myself. Never again.
bryceleinan
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

storewanderer wrote: November 27th, 2021, 5:34 pm Already not happening in Reno. Doors locked, corporate made signs all over saying to pick up mobile orders inside, then a store made sign saying lobby closed due to short staffing. Line at drive through. At least 4 employees inside. What a joke.
Noticed that at the former combo KFC/A&W in Damonte Ranch. Drive thru line was long, store closed to order inside - could do pickup only.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: December 6th, 2021, 6:01 am
storewanderer wrote: November 27th, 2021, 5:34 pm Already not happening in Reno. Doors locked, corporate made signs all over saying to pick up mobile orders inside, then a store made sign saying lobby closed due to short staffing. Line at drive through. At least 4 employees inside. What a joke.
Noticed that at the former combo KFC/A&W in Damonte Ranch. Drive thru line was long, store closed to order inside - could do pickup only.
They are supposed to be allowing orders inside except perhaps an hour or two before closing. Did you try to go inside and order?

The Carson unit (different franchisee) takes orders inside.