Dollar General is putting workers' safety at risk, Labor Department says

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Dollar General is putting workers' safety at risk, Labor Department says

Post by storewanderer »

TW-Upstate NY wrote: December 21st, 2021, 1:07 pm And the aisles are just so narrow and shelving so high to begin with that there literally isn't enough room for two customers to pass each other. And then add overflow freight to the mix and you're just asking for trouble. Still with all that said, their stores are usually always busy. Honestly though, given the current public health situation, smaller stores with narrow aisles and long lines at checkout are places I avoid . I've got a Dollar General maybe 4 miles from home and Target is probably around 12 miles and the "Bullseye" wins my business every time.
The dynamic of the various Dollar General locations is interesting. In some locations where many people seem to be using them as a grocery store, I notice customers are in the store shopping for a while and checkout lines move noticeably slower. due to the transaction sizes being larger. These stores also seem to have larger "groups" shopping. These are stores I definitely think twice about given the COVID situation.

In many other locations where people are using them like a giant convenience store picking up a handfull of items. I find people are not staying in aisles long, checkout goes surprisingly fast even when there is only one employee, and most people inside shopping are just single shopping not with their entire family.