Rite Aid closing at least 63 stores

norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Rite Aid closing at least 63 stores

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/r ... ugs-store/

Yikes.Even an acquired bartell location is getting the axe,and in the middle the Chinatown-international district that you would think is a decent area.

At some point,5409 sunrise will hopefully get its groove back.We are getting helpers from other locations,but until things are truly resolved,store hours for now mirror those of the pharmacy.Image

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 2:31 pm https://www.seattletimes.com/business/r ... ugs-store/

Yikes.Even an acquired bartell location is getting the axe,and in the middle the Chinatown-international district that you would think is a decent area.

That Bartell looks nice but it looks like business was very slow.

No store has anything on Truckee as far as hours cutting goes. This is the only store I've seen receive an updated window sticker with the hours cuts. Most have temporary signs about it.
This was previously a VERY busy store.
Truckee.jpg
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

A tweeter has reported that the lone location in Upper Sandusky, Ohio(midway between Toledo and Columbus along the US 23 corridor,not the same as the Sandusky along the lake Erie coastline) recently closed(past month or two).What makes the timing of certain Midwest and East Coast closures hard to pinpoint is that a fair percentage of the locations have had few online reviews if any(this location had no Yelp reviews and few on Google).

Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Perhaps there were so few customers that the review count was extremely low. Does the location seem like it is in a bad neighborhood?
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Alpha8472 wrote:Perhaps there were so few customers that the review count was extremely low. Does the location seem like it is in a bad neighborhood?
It is in a smaller exurban town in rural Ohio.That location is an older and smaller store opened at least three decades ago and as early as the 80's.I don't recall what era they entered the buckeye state.

buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: September 8th, 2022, 8:03 pm
Alpha8472 wrote:Perhaps there were so few customers that the review count was extremely low. Does the location seem like it is in a bad neighborhood?
It is in a smaller exurban town in rural Ohio.That location is an older and smaller store opened at least three decades ago and as early as the 80's.I don't recall what era they entered the buckeye state.

It’s probably an old Lane Drug location. They had stores in quite a few small towns that were easily sourced from Toledo. Upper Sandusky, named for being on the upper part of the Sandusky River isn’t, exactly exurban although it’s not too far from several much larger towns: Marion, Findlay, Fostoria and Bucyrus, most of which would be more promising locations for chain retail than a town of 6000 that isn’t very isolated. To give you some idea, Findlay, which is very prosperous (Marathon Oil, Cooper Tire) has a mall. Marion used to have one that was converted to big boxes.
J-Man
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by J-Man »

I was trying to find a local store that is offering the new COVID (bivalent) boosters. On the County Health Dept.'s website, they pointed me to my local Rite-Aid, and the listing said "checked 9/10/22." This store was permanently closed in June, well before these vaccines even existed. I tweeted them about the problem and they said they'd look into it. Goes to show how much you can trust their "checked on" assurances.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

J-Man wrote:I was trying to find a local store that is offering the new COVID (bivalent) boosters. On the County Health Dept.'s website, they pointed me to my local Rite-Aid, and the listing said "checked 9/10/22." This store was permanently closed in June, well before these vaccines even existed. I tweeted them about the problem and they said they'd look into it. Goes to show how much you can trust their "checked on" assurances.
Was this location Los Angeles Echo Park or Long Beach Naples?Those are the two most recent California locations to close unless you're referring to a location that actually closed this past spring.

storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: September 11th, 2022, 7:55 pm
J-Man wrote:I was trying to find a local store that is offering the new COVID (bivalent) boosters. On the County Health Dept.'s website, they pointed me to my local Rite-Aid, and the listing said "checked 9/10/22." This store was permanently closed in June, well before these vaccines even existed. I tweeted them about the problem and they said they'd look into it. Goes to show how much you can trust their "checked on" assurances.
Was this location Los Angeles Echo Park or Long Beach Naples?Those are the two most recent California locations to close unless you're referring to a location that actually closed this past spring.

There is another location that closed in Garden Grove area, but there is a still open store a couple blocks from it.

Could it be possible they are giving shots in the closed store? I don't think I have seen Rite Aid do that.

I recently found a long closed early 00's deluxe pre-lifestyle (Genuardi's layout) Safeway in fast growing Castle Pines, CO. It was vacant as expected despite the large King Soopers practically next to it being jam packed and busier than ever, but then there was a sign above the deli side doors that said FREE COVID 19 VACCINES HERE with the avocado image. Some research yielded "Albertsons Pharmacy" (article quotes, not mine) had reopened the closed Safeway store to administer vaccines. It wasn't clear if they were still doing this or not.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The government is distributing the COVID vaccines. Some pharmacies get too much, and some get too little. Often, the chain pharmacies might have to move the vaccines to locations that do not have it, or try to run a vaccination clinic to get rid of excess vaccines before they expire. The vaccines expire, but the expiration date is not written on the bottles. You are supposed to write the date on the bottles and calculate the expiration. This could lead to expired vaccines being given out if someone forgets to document the date it was defrosted.

My advice is to get it early, because if you wait the chances of getting an expired vaccine is higher. The vaccine is very fragile. If you drop the bottle, it is no longer effective. You should throw it away. It should never be shaken. When nurses were giving COVID vaccinations on TV, you saw nurses shaking the bottles. This ruins the vaccine. In a pharmacy, usually the pharmacist is much more knowledgeable about the actual vaccine than a nurse.

The pharmacist would know more about the safe storage and mixing of the vaccine.

I would rather get the vaccine at a pharmacy than have it administered by a nurse. Nurses might get confused over the COVID vaccine. It is different than older vaccines that can be shaken.