KFC To Sell Plant Based Beyond Chicken

Alpha8472

KFC To Sell Plant Based Beyond Chicken

Post by Alpha8472 »

Starting January 10, KFC will sell plant based Beyond Chicken for a limited time. The options are 6 or 12 pieces Starting at $6.99.

Beyond Chicken mimics Chicken muscle meat. However it will not be vegetarian as it is cooked on the same equipment as real Chicken meat.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: KFC To Sell Plant Based Beyond Chicken

Post by jamcool »

Looks like a typical frozen chicken nugget. And it isn’t really any better for you than a regular chicken nugget.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

They might be trying to appeal to people who want to reduce their meat consumption. They say people who eat more meat have a higher risk of pancreatic cancer.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I wonder how the hold time on this will be vs. other items.

I started going to KFC more often since they actually allow the customer to enter the location for to go orders. The chicken sandwich is very good (no mayo or pickle) and at 3.99 it was a steal; now it is 4.99 (price went up a week ago) but that is still priced within range of competition (most of them are well into the 5's for a chicken sandwich).

Tried a handfull of other items with KFC lately as well and the bone in chicken is fine but the rest of the stuff is really pretty awful. The chicken strips are at a level of a grocery store deli. The new fries are good while you're eating them but the salt level is so high you feel it after. The mashed potato and mac/chz (I spell it that way deliberately, not really sure what it is beyond a soggy broken dish full of bright yellow substance and some sort of solid like things that are supposedly pasta) side are both just terrible. Everything I order seems like it has been sitting around for a while. The only drink they seem to carry is various Pepsi products, no unsweetened iced tea despite what appears to be equipment for it, and they won't give a water cup.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Tea of any kind has disappeared at many fast food places. Maybe they do not have enough labor to brew tea. I also have not seen the A&W root beer made in the store in a long time.

I am surprised that they raised the price of the chicken sandwiches. It was a good price. I will not be going there as often now.

I have been trying the faux chicken and faux fish at many vegetarian fast food places. It is quite decent. It tastes almost as good as real chicken. The faux fish is not quite as similar to real fish. I think faux chicken could be a very good alternative to real meat.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: January 6th, 2022, 1:14 am Tea of any kind has disappeared at many fast food places. Maybe they do not have enough labor to brew tea. I also have not seen the A&W root beer made in the store in a long time.

I am surprised that they raised the price of the chicken sandwiches. It was a good price. I will not be going there as often now.

I have been trying the faux chicken and faux fish at many vegetarian fast food places. It is quite decent. It tastes almost as good as real chicken. The faux fish is not quite as similar to real fish. I think faux chicken could be a very good alternative to real meat.
McDonalds always has brewed tea when I have tried to order it, same for El Pollo Loco. El Pollo Loco has continued to offer 2 flavors of self serve brewed tea both unsweetened, one is a normal black tea and the other is a passion fruit mango black tea and excellent (they call that tropical tea on their register for drive through), for this entire pandemic period (since they have also been open inside this entire pandemic period); also they have some awful Fuze Raspberry Sweet tea that comes out of the soda machine.

When I wanted brewed tea at Wendy's they had to get it from behind the counter.

Based on when I am seeing at KFC they probably don't have enough labor to deal with brewing the tea and cleaning the equipment properly.

I learned today the KFC in Carson City escalated the sandwich to 4.49. Reno is 4.99. They are different franchisees. Maybe some did not increase the price.