Drug Store Operations

Alpha8472

Re: Drug Store Operations

Post by Alpha8472 »

The kits are non-refundable at most retailers and pharmacies. The problem is that people open them up and use them and then try to bring them back.

The insurance companies are hoping that the kits are out of stock at most pharmacies so that they won't have to pay for those tests. Those that do buy the kits at full price most likely will not go through the trouble for a mail in rebate.

I bought many items in the past claiming to be free with mail in rebates and I never got around to doing the rebates.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: January 15th, 2022, 1:49 pm The kits are non-refundable at most retailers and pharmacies. The problem is that people open them up and use them and then try to bring them back.

The insurance companies are hoping that the kits are out of stock at most pharmacies so that they won't have to pay for those tests. Those that do buy the kits at full price most likely will not go through the trouble for a mail in rebate.

I bought many items in the past claiming to be free with mail in rebates and I never got around to doing the rebates.
Same here on the mail in rebates. Or the rebates have hoops and it is easy to forget/lose track. For instance in mid November, I ordered something from an online store that had a mail in rebate attached. The term of the offer was you could not submit it until 2 weeks after your order shipped. At that time, 2 weeks later, you went back to the website and printed a rebate form then mailed it in. The form was unavailable until 2 weeks after your order ship date. I did that. The mailing of the form was successful and it was received by the rebate center; I checked status in late December and it showed all approved and status was waiting for the rebate card to be generated. So far nothing has changed on the status beyond that and I do not have the rebate back yet.

I am glad most retailers quit mail in rebates but it is funny some places still do them.

The federal website opens January 19 where anyone can order kits for free mail to home. I expect them to go out of stock within minutes.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Walgreens and CVS announced that they are closing some drugstores on weekends due to staffing shortages.

The cashiers at these places probably are quitting left and right or getting sick. Many drugstores have been having shortages of cough and cold medications. The sick people are buying medications like crazy. Even Walmart is having huge areas of cold medications that are sold out.

You know it is getting serious when they have to close entire drugstores on the weekends.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: January 15th, 2022, 5:27 pm

You know it is getting serious when they have to close entire drugstores on the weekends.
It isn't just drugstores. Tonight around 6:30 PM in Reno near the mall/a mile or so south of it:
Closed businesses that would normally be open: Big 5, Petsmart, Burger King, Taco Bell, Jack in the Box Smithridge Drive...

Things just keep getting worse in terms of if the business you intend to go to, will be open or not, at the time it historically has been open.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Pharmacies are giving out the 3 free N95 masks. They are 3M brand, but non surgical. I saw a lot at Walmart pharmacies.

COVID-19 tests are becoming even rarer. They are harder to find than ever before.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Wal Mart is closing some of the Reno area pharmacies at 7 PM again during the week. Staffing shortages. Signs posted at the rural stores like Gardnerville offering sign on bonuses for various pharmacy positions.

Have not seen a COVID test in a while but hearing lots of folks test positive so I think a lot of people either stocked up on tests or know someone who did. One person I know who was limited (meaning not even 15 minutes total in a day) exposed to someone (that someone has no symptoms yet) whose household had a few people get COVID, is testing once or twice a day, must have really stocked up.
bryceleinan
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

storewanderer wrote: February 1st, 2022, 10:34 pm Wal Mart is closing some of the Reno area pharmacies at 7 PM again during the week. Staffing shortages. Signs posted at the rural stores like Gardnerville offering sign on bonuses for various pharmacy positions.

Have not seen a COVID test in a while but hearing lots of folks test positive so I think a lot of people either stocked up on tests or know someone who did. One person I know who was limited (meaning not even 15 minutes total in a day) exposed to someone (that someone has no symptoms yet) whose household had a few people get COVID, is testing once or twice a day, must have really stocked up.
Smith’s out here in Dayton is all over the place with hours and staffing too… Walmart was pretty bad last time I was there. Using Sam’s Club now myself, since mail order screwed up last time.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Walmart is planning to cut pharmacy hours so that their pharmacies close at 7 PM instead of 9 PM. People are not staying out as late anymore.

The most busy times of day for pharmacies is the day time now. That is when customers come in for vaccinations. The staff is needed most during the day to handle the huge numbers of people seeking COVID vaccinations. Very few people come in for vaccinations late at night.

At night, it seems like the stores are much emptier. Perhaps it is because it is so cold at night now. People do not want to get sick.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 1:08 pm Walmart is planning to cut pharmacy hours so that their pharmacies close at 7 PM instead of 9 PM. People are not staying out as late anymore.

The most busy times of day for pharmacies is the day time now. That is when customers come in for vaccinations. The staff is needed most during the day to handle the huge numbers of people seeking COVID vaccinations. Very few people come in for vaccinations late at night.

At night, it seems like the stores are much emptier. Perhaps it is because it is so cold at night now. People do not want to get sick.
Conversely, I thought those slower nighttime hours were a good time for the pharmacy to catch up on refills etc. that they were too busy with customers to handle during the afternoon.

It is not unusual for me to see people working behind closed pharmacy counters hours after closing at certain CVS and Safeway locations, every time I go into them at night. Sometimes it is as much as 2 hours past the posted pharmacy closing time.
mjhale
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by mjhale »

storewanderer wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 5:32 pm Conversely, I thought those slower nighttime hours were a good time for the pharmacy to catch up on refills etc. that they were too busy with customers to handle during the afternoon.

It is not unusual for me to see people working behind closed pharmacy counters hours after closing at certain CVS and Safeway locations, every time I go into them at night. Sometimes it is as much as 2 hours past the posted pharmacy closing time.
I wonder if retailers would have an easier time filling pharmacy positions if people were working either later in the evening in an otherwise open store but closed pharmacy or overnights in a closed store to catch up as you say and maybe even get ahead on the next day's scripts. Working in this sort of setup would limit exposure to the public if potential employees are concerned about getting sick. I'm pretty certain that retailers would say we aren't paying shift differential or something similar for late night or overnight hours. However from the customer standpoint we are going to get to a point where the shopping experience is so bad - worse than it is now and it isn't close to good as we all know - because of staffing shortages and out of stocks that stores are going to have to decide between having no customers or being willing to pay up a bit to improve things for their own long term reputation.