Potential multiple takeover bids for Kohl's

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Alpha8472

Re: Potential multiple takeover bids for Kohl's

Post by Alpha8472 »

Some Walmart stores still have pickup counters in case something goes wrong with curbside pickup.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: July 13th, 2022, 1:06 am Some Walmart stores still have pickup counters in case something goes wrong with curbside pickup.
Interesting. There are a couple newer Wal Marts that had a pick up alcove right inside the front door, but it appears to no longer be used for customers, more of a storage space.
mjhale
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by mjhale »

storewanderer wrote: July 13th, 2022, 6:00 pm
Alpha8472 wrote: July 13th, 2022, 1:06 am Some Walmart stores still have pickup counters in case something goes wrong with curbside pickup.
Interesting. There are a couple newer Wal Marts that had a pick up alcove right inside the front door, but it appears to no longer be used for customers, more of a storage space.
In my area Walmart added pickup areas adjacent to the returns desk. This was done in the 2009-2015 time frame when Walmart either expanded stores around here to Supercenters or remodeled others to include the greatly expanded selection of groceries. The Supercenters now have dedicated pickup spaces and canopies to park under. I have only ever seen grocery orders going out to people in the pick up spaces. The Walmart I frequent most still allows you to pick up at the area next to returns. That seems to be the place you go for non-food pick up orders. I've wondered if you parked in one of the spaces out front if they would bring a non-food order out to you. The largest Walmart in the area just got a renovation to add some sort of Pickup and Online Fulfillment area inside the store. I haven't been since it they finished work on the renovation. I'll go sometime soon to see what the store is like post-construction.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Kohls CEO is resigning and moving to Levi's. Good luck to Levi's but I suppose it is easier to find factories in third world countries to make jeans, wholesale said jeans to various retailers, than it is to run department stores, so may it will work out.

We will see what happens to Kohls now. Hopefully they can get someone in there who can run things correctly.

I don't consider this CEO exit to be a loss for Kohl's at all. A big potential opportunity to get things back how they used to be if they get the right person in.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

Levi’s operates 1000 stores worldwide and have been adding new locations. Bring someone from Kohls may not be the best choice for them but retail has become a sizable part of their business.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

buckguy wrote: November 12th, 2022, 2:17 pm Levi’s operates 1000 stores worldwide and have been adding new locations. Bring someone from Kohls may not be the best choice for them but retail has become a sizable part of their business.
Not sure where 1,000 stores are, their website says they only have 500 stores worldwide.
Also aren't most of these outlet stores? Selling irregulars?
https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/features/about-us

Still, I think the former Kohls CEO will have no problem running a store with only Levis products (casual clothing). Seemed to be what she wanted to turn Kohls into as well, a store with nothing but a bunch of casual clothing of brands that have seen better days and lousy private labels. But I don't think these 500 retail stores are really an important business for Levi's at all in the first place. So I am not sure how involved this CEO will even be with the stores. Unless they plan to go on a path like Nike and open up more stores of their own and stop selling through so many retailers which I do not believe is something they've announced.

The outlet stores are nothing more than a dumping ground for irregulars. I assume there are some flagship stores elsewhere that require more effort but I'm not sure how many of those they have.