Free Masks

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
Alpha8472

Re: Free Masks

Post by Alpha8472 »

I was at Walmart and people were buying food, water, and supplies like there was no tomorrow. The entire store was out of water in gallon jugs.

This war could cause shortages at stores. Gas stations were very busy as people were trying to get as much gas as they could. I was at Outdoor Supply Hardware and people were there early trying to buy up generators and other things. It has been freezing in Northern California.

Bread was sold out at some supermarkets. It was like the beginning of the Pandemic all over again.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 26th, 2022, 8:02 pm I was at Walmart and people were buying food, water, and supplies like there was no tomorrow. The entire store was out of water in gallon jugs.

This war could cause shortages at stores. Gas stations were very busy as people were trying to get as much gas as they could. I was at Outdoor Supply Hardware and people were there early trying to buy up generators and other things. It has been freezing in Northern California.

Bread was sold out at some supermarkets. It was like the beginning of the Pandemic all over again.
Water jugs have been in short supply for some time and there is some sort of a run on "distilled water" lately. Smiths recently had a limit of 1 on distilled water and I've seen many stores out of stock. I wonder why there is a run on distilled water. I'm lost on that one.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Many CPAP machines require distilled water for the humidifier. There are people who literally cannot breathe through the night without distilled water. It is also used in regular humidifier machines which is needed for sick people with respiratory illnesses.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 26th, 2022, 9:38 pm Many CPAP machines require distilled water for the humidifier. There are people who literally cannot breathe through the night without distilled water. It is also used in regular humidifier machines which is needed for sick people with respiratory illnesses.
Interesting. Definitely need to uphold a quantity limit on that item... and I can see why people would try to stockpile to use it in a CPAP machine vs. deal with the shortage risk...
bryceleinan
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

storewanderer wrote: February 26th, 2022, 9:59 pm
Alpha8472 wrote: February 26th, 2022, 9:38 pm Many CPAP machines require distilled water for the humidifier. There are people who literally cannot breathe through the night without distilled water. It is also used in regular humidifier machines which is needed for sick people with respiratory illnesses.
Interesting. Definitely need to uphold a quantity limit on that item... and I can see why people would try to stockpile to use it in a CPAP machine vs. deal with the shortage risk...
It’s a major headache finding distilled water. I’ve resorted to using Smart Water in my CPAP, because it’s the only distilled water I can find, albeit, with added minerals.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: February 27th, 2022, 6:47 am

It’s a major headache finding distilled water. I’ve resorted to using Smart Water in my CPAP, because it’s the only distilled water I can find, albeit, with added minerals.
Do those water dispensers in stores dispense distilled water?

There is a water depot in Reno on Center Street that dispenses it.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Water vending machines have higher levels of bacteria than tap water due to dirty filters or spigots.

You can buy water distiller machines online and make your own distilled water at home.