CVS Pharmacies Closing For Lunch Nationwide

Alpha8472

CVS Pharmacies Closing For Lunch Nationwide

Post by Alpha8472 »

Starting February 28, CVS Pharmacies will close 1:30 to 2:00 for lunch nationwide.

This is standard practice at some other pharmacies when there is only 1 pharmacist on duty. Some pharmacies allow the pharmacy to operate without a Pharmacist in the pharmacy if the pharmacist is at lunch in another part of the store. New prescriptions cannot be dispensed, but the technicians can still fill prescriptions and sell refills.
storewanderer

Re: CVS Pharmacies Closing For Lunch Nationwide

Post by storewanderer »

I'm not sure how to take this. In busy stores that have 3 pharmacists on duty (what planet am I living on?) there is no reason to close like this. Especially if you have a pharmacy that is open 9-9 and you have 3 pharmacists- an opener, a mid, and a closer.

This seems to be more of an admission that they are really running stores with only one pharmacist on duty a lot... so much they make this policy.

CVS Stores have pharmacy lines down the aisle all day in many locations. What do they do to the 10 customer line at 1:20 PM when they are about to close for lunch?
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I have experienced the lunch time line at the pharmacy that I work at. Customers will complain and demand to speak to a manager. In fact, some refuse to leave and will even try to hold the gate open. It has gotten to the point where we almost had to call the police. Some people are crazy. I had a woman barge behind the counter once while we were closing. I told her that this was private property and that she needed to get out. Some people think that rules do not apply to them.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 10th, 2022, 10:19 pm I have experienced the lunch time line at the pharmacy that I work at. Customers will complain and demand to speak to a manager. In fact, some refuse to leave and will even try to hold the gate open. It has gotten to the point where we almost had to call the police. Some people are crazy. I had a woman barge behind the counter once while we were closing. I told her that this was private property and that she needed to get out. Some people think that rules do not apply to them.
I sense before long in larger metro areas in certain states we will see the pharmacies completely barricaded. From there it will spread more and more to other areas. It will be like a movie theater ticket window. At that point you would just pull down the shade and walk away (and hope the customer doesn't harass you as you are trying to exit the pharmacy). I am getting more and more frustrated by the customer behavior I am observing in these businesses. I am not sure what the customers think- and for these employees dealing with hundreds of customers every day and more than burnt out (even toward the customers who are not causing trouble)- not sure how this is going to play out.

Nevada has a law that requires all pharmacies to have a built in restroom in the pharmacy and even older stores have it.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

My Pavilions pharmacy in W. Hollywood always closes for lunch and they have several pharmacists.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 10th, 2022, 10:19 pm I have experienced the lunch time line at the pharmacy that I work at. Customers will complain and demand to speak to a manager. In fact, some refuse to leave and will even try to hold the gate open. It has gotten to the point where we almost had to call the police. Some people are crazy. I had a woman barge behind the counter once while we were closing. I told her that this was private property and that she needed to get out. Some people think that rules do not apply to them.
If it says you close at 1:30 and the customer was there at 1:20, they SHOULD be helped. Just don't let more customers into the line!

Other places do that (besides stores) - either that or have someone stop letting customers get in line so you have time to help those who are before closing. Why should a customer who arrives at a time the place is open not be helped because of what the employees do or don't do?
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

You cut off the line at 1:30 but people run up after and demand that they were there before. They lie to get served. Then they argue until lunch is half over.