Vons Westminster, CA 16450 Beach Blvd

California. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Vons Westminster, CA 16450 Beach Blvd

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: May 14th, 2022, 8:55 am Don't know how anyone can trust buying food at these stores.

🤷‍♂️
The first few times I went to H-Mart in SoCal I was pretty impressed. I would have felt comfortable buying anything there. Then I went to some other H-Marts in OR, WA, and up in Vancouver, BC and had much different feelings about them.

Also I have been in a number of Seafood City units in bay area, SoCal, and Las Vegas, and would be comfortable buying anything there; they run a very clean and orderly store and this is consistent from store to store.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Sea Food City is almost like a mini-mall with a food court and other stores. They are super clean and neat. There are Filipino restaurants such as Jollibee right inside.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

veteran+ wrote: May 14th, 2022, 8:55 am Don't know how anyone can trust buying food at these stores.

🤷‍♂️
In the last month I have been in Northgate Gonzalez, H-Mart, and Vallarta stores that were cleaner and better operated than any of the Albertsons, Ralphs or Vons stores I visited in the same timeframe. Things are changing.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: May 17th, 2022, 7:05 pm

🤷‍♂️
In the last month I have been in Northgate Gonzalez, H-Mart, and Vallarta stores that were cleaner and better operated than any of the Albertsons, Ralphs or Vons stores I visited in the same timeframe. Things are changing.
I haven't been into many Northgates but every one I've been into is very clean and well run. They strike me as the "upscale" hispanic operator. Vallarta I have had some questionable service in their stores but never noticed any sanitation issues.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

It is possible that Hispanic markets have improved, but they disappointed me too many times to ever return.

Plus, not a fan of their center store pricing or variety.
steps
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Post by steps »

veteran+ wrote: May 18th, 2022, 7:39 am It is possible that Hispanic markets have improved, but they disappointed me too many times to ever return.

Plus, not a fan of their center store pricing or variety.
Trust me when I say you would LOVE Northgate, especially their La Habra flagship. It's literally how an old school Pavilions would be if it were Hispanic. They have so many fresh departments and all kinds foods and specialty products.
steps
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Post by steps »

storewanderer wrote: May 17th, 2022, 7:11 pm
ClownLoach wrote: May 17th, 2022, 7:05 pm

🤷‍♂️
I haven't been into many Northgates but every one I've been into is very clean and well run. They strike me as the "upscale" hispanic operator. Vallarta I have had some questionable service in their stores but never noticed any sanitation issues.
Northgate is my go to Hispanic market. I refuse to go to El Super since all their stores are dumps. El Super ruined Giante when they bought them.

I would consider Northgate the "Vons" of Hispanic operators. Their fresh departments in all stores are exceptional and most stores I've been too are very busy.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

steps wrote: May 18th, 2022, 4:34 pm
Northgate is my go to Hispanic market. I refuse to go to El Super since all their stores are dumps. El Super ruined Giante when they bought them.

I would consider Northgate the "Vons" of Hispanic operators. Their fresh departments in all stores are exceptional and most stores I've been too are very busy.
I forgot about El Super. True bottom of the barrel operation there. At first I was intrigued by their super low pricing on various produce or bakery items but the problem is the quality/rotation/cleanliness and the checkout is beyond words horrible in every possible way from the service to the policies to the systems to the bags they used to offer that could barely hold a bread without breaking. Haven't been into one in a few years and no plans to visit anytime soon. Maybe if one opened in my area.