Walgreens Adding Volta Free Electric Vehicle Chargers

Alpha8472

Walgreens Adding Volta Free Electric Vehicle Chargers

Post by Alpha8472 »

Walgreens is expanding the number of free Volta electric vehicle chargers at its locations. There are 49 now and a target of 1000 chargers at 500 Walgreens locations.

Volta allows 30 minutes of free charging and the option to pay for more. The chargers show advertising on screens. I first saw these at Fresh & Easy years ago.
storewanderer

Re: Walgreens Adding Volta Free Electric Vehicle Chargers

Post by storewanderer »

Save Mart added EV charging at some of their stores many years ago. I believe it requires payment however, not free. Some Safeways and Raleys have the Tesla stations as well.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

Only place locally I've seen EV charging stations is at a Kohl's along NYS Route 30 in Amsterdam. I've yet to see one in use.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

TW-Upstate NY wrote: February 16th, 2022, 5:04 am Only place locally I've seen EV charging stations is at a Kohl's along NYS Route 30 in Amsterdam. I've yet to see one in use.
I've never seen anyone use the Save Mart ones in NV. However the Safeway in Truckee, CA and Raleys in Incline Village, CA Tesla chargers seem to get quite a lot of use.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

storewanderer wrote: February 16th, 2022, 6:05 pm I've never seen anyone use the Save Mart ones in NV. However the Safeway in Truckee, CA and Raleys in Incline Village, CA Tesla chargers seem to get quite a lot of use.
It's always been a head scratcher to me why they were installed to begin with. EV's are not exactly common around where I live. You see a Prius here and there but that's about it. And aside from pictures, I've yet to see a Tesla "in person" so to speak.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Fresh & Easy had some EV parking and EV charging in some areas that had a scant EV car for miles and miles. Customers complained about it constantly.

Waste of spaces and done for childish advertising and P.R. nonsense.

:lol:
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Tesla cars have only become popular in the last few years. When Fresh & Easy was around, electric cars were rare even in rich areas of California. Now Teslas show up to recharge even at Walmart electric car chargers.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

TW-Upstate NY wrote: February 17th, 2022, 6:51 am
storewanderer wrote: February 16th, 2022, 6:05 pm I've never seen anyone use the Save Mart ones in NV. However the Safeway in Truckee, CA and Raleys in Incline Village, CA Tesla chargers seem to get quite a lot of use.
It's always been a head scratcher to me why they were installed to begin with. EV's are not exactly common around where I live. You see a Prius here and there but that's about it. And aside from pictures, I've yet to see a Tesla "in person" so to speak.
Tesla built a joint venture battery plant with Panasonic near Reno and when that plant was announced we started to see more Teslas driving around in Reno. Now, it is not unusual to see a few Teslas if you are out driving for 20-30 minutes in Reno.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

A couple of years ago, I noticed a huge number of Tesla cars parked behind an abandoned Hooters in Dublin, California. I did not realize it at the time, but there is a Tesla showroom nearby. I often see about a hundred Teslas with their car alarms going off at the same time. Some days there are no Teslas left.

There was one Walgreens nearby in the rich city of San Ramon, but that closed. It would have been a perfect spot for some electric car chargers. I drive around that area practically everyday, and I do not recall seeing any electric car chargers at any retail store.

I did get a Tesla as an Uber about 3 years ago near my house. I was not impressed, as I could not even figure out how to open the car door. The driver was yelling at me on how to use the bizarre door handle.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

Volkswagen, as penance for Dieselgate, has had to fund charging stations to the tune of a couple billion $$$ to spread availability. This may be a link-up for this.