Gas Price-Zone Price

Gas stations & convenience stores (AM/PM, 7-Eleven, etc.)
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Gas Price-Zone Price

Post by veteran+ »

arizonaguy wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:40 pm The one place the rewards program isn't a joke is in Arizona.

Fry's Food has a partnership with Shell and Circle K and there is pretty much a combination of a Fry's, Shell or Circle K station at every major (or every other) major intersection in the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas.

Shell may have slightly more expensive gas but Circle K is generally competitively priced (as are Fry's own fuel centers).

Every Circle K location also participates in the Upside app (which gives cash back for gas purchases) and I've used a combination of Fry's fuel points (for the initial discount) and the Upside app (for cash back) while using a credit card that provided cash back for fuel purchases as well.
Does the Circle K sell tier 1 gas?
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

veteran+ wrote: October 4th, 2022, 7:03 am
arizonaguy wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:40 pm The one place the rewards program isn't a joke is in Arizona.

Fry's Food has a partnership with Shell and Circle K and there is pretty much a combination of a Fry's, Shell or Circle K station at every major (or every other) major intersection in the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas.

Shell may have slightly more expensive gas but Circle K is generally competitively priced (as are Fry's own fuel centers).

Every Circle K location also participates in the Upside app (which gives cash back for gas purchases) and I've used a combination of Fry's fuel points (for the initial discount) and the Upside app (for cash back) while using a credit card that provided cash back for fuel purchases as well.
Does the Circle K sell tier 1 gas?
Circle K does not appear to be on the "TopTier" list:
https://toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:12 pm Chevron is still the highest priced gas in the San Francisco Bay Area. Just a short distance from the Chevron corporate office in San Ramon, California are many Chevron gas stations at $6.89. These are corporate owned stations and still do decent business. I assume these are all used by Chevron employees or customers with lots of Safeway gas discounts. I would never pay that price unless I had a discount of some kind.

Even Shell is at $6.89. The only cheap gas is Safeway at $5.95 or an independent station at $5.87.
Surprising that Shell can even remain in business - there is absolutely NO REASON anyone should pay OVER $1 more for gas than they have to (given those other prices you posted as being available)!!
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Chevron is offering $1 off per gallon when you register for the Chevron rewards on the app.

The Chevron stations in the San Francisco Bay Area are at $6.99. Even with the $1 discount, Costco is at $5.75.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The high price Chevron in Reno on Lakeside is down to 5.89 today.

Price is falling quickly at busier stations.

Maverik has a wide range of prices around town ranging 5.59-5.85. Holding onto the high price as long as they can where other stations are.