In-n-Out Northwest Expansion

storewanderer

Re: In-n-Out Northwest Expansion

Post by storewanderer »

Brian Lutz wrote: April 7th, 2022, 7:49 pm
Where are the Utah locations being supplied from? My guess is that at least some southern Idaho locations (places like Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, Burley or Pocatello) could come from the same source, although the Boise area might be a stretch from there, since it's about a 4 1/2 hour drive from the northernmost Utah location (Ogden).
They have a commissary in Colorado Springs. They typically have a 350 mile range for the commissary. Is there a commissary somewhere in Utah perhaps?
Super S

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote: March 28th, 2022, 10:18 pm In N Out being from California is meaningless to the average consumer. The reason people are flocking to In N Out is because they offer a quality product at an attractive price point and have great customer service. If anything chains like In N Out that do such an exceptional job with their operation are a positive reflection on California, not a negative reflection.

Many fast food chains are headquartered in California- Chipotle, Del Taco, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, and I am sure many others I am missing. Customers don't make any connection to them being from California; they make their choice to go to those chains because they like the food and/or locations.
I guess the point I was trying to make is that In-N-Out is more closely associated with California than many chains. I personally don't care as long as they offer a good product.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Super S wrote: April 8th, 2022, 6:18 am

I guess the point I was trying to make is that In-N-Out is more closely associated with California than many chains. I personally don't care as long as they offer a good product.
I more associate In N Out with the old California of the 80's and 90's. Back when everything really was better from California. The difference is, In N Out is still running with that old California culture and mindset.
bryceleinan
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

storewanderer wrote: April 7th, 2022, 9:15 pm
Brian Lutz wrote: April 7th, 2022, 7:49 pm
Where are the Utah locations being supplied from? My guess is that at least some southern Idaho locations (places like Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, Burley or Pocatello) could come from the same source, although the Boise area might be a stretch from there, since it's about a 4 1/2 hour drive from the northernmost Utah location (Ogden).
They have a commissary in Colorado Springs. They typically have a 350 mile range for the commissary. Is there a commissary somewhere in Utah perhaps?
There is a small distribution center in Medford that serves as a relay point for the Medford, Grants Pass, and Kaiser stores. I imagine they have something similar in Utah.