Panera Bread New $10.99 Chicken Sandwiches

Alpha8472

Panera Bread New $10.99 Chicken Sandwiches

Post by Alpha8472 »

Starting March 30, Panera is offering new $10.99 Chicken sandwiches with 1/4 pound chicken breasts.

This is about the same price as their other sandwiches.

The price is the problem. Are they even trying to compete with Popeye's or Chick-fil-a on price or taste?
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Panera Bread New $10.99 Chicken Sandwiches

Post by Romr123 »

Boston Market has a high-end chicken sandwich that I've never been able to try--the locations never seem to have it prepared. It comes into the store pre-fried and they need to convection it seemingly for a good long time.
storewanderer

Re: Panera Bread New $10.99 Chicken Sandwiches

Post by storewanderer »

Romr123 wrote: March 27th, 2022, 6:41 pm Boston Market has a high-end chicken sandwich that I've never been able to try--the locations never seem to have it prepared. It comes into the store pre-fried and they need to convection it seemingly for a good long time.
The Boston Market chicken sandwich chicken piece is also available not in sandwich form, but on a plate with a gravy on top (like a Country Fried Chicken) and it is fine but not outstanding; it tastes like a baked chicken breast tastes.

Also the Boston Market Chicken Sandwich with the Nashville Sauce, they tried to retail it at 7.99 initially, but quickly moved it down to 5.99.

I have no idea who will buy the Panera Chicken Sandwich for $10.99; perhaps the same ones who buy what is essentially a frozen dinner heated up and served in a container that says Panera for about 3 times what it should cost. Panera must really know its customers. Tough business to be in when the economy is in the process of going down in flames and essential goods that people are forced to pay for like gas, utilities, and basic groceries are spiking in price. I'm not sure how much room folks will have in their budget for Panera and this kind of offering just drives home that Panera's pricing is way way out of line. Definitely would leave the price out of any marketing message for this product.