Walmart Arson Attack By Shoplifters: Total Loss

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Alpha8472

Re: Walmart Arson Attack By Shoplifters: Total Loss

Post by Alpha8472 »

San Francisco Bay Area Target stores have been closing at 10 PM or much earlier since last year. Even in the rich suburbs, they close at 10 or 9 PM.

The shoplifters drive out to the suburbs to steal. Even in the suburbs, the Target stores have installed rolling metal garage doors over their entrances. Even in the suburbs, theft is so bad that the police have to put bait cars to try to catch criminals. They put in a car loaded with merchandise to try to catch thieves. Or they might park an old police car in the parking lot.

The suburbs aren't safe anymore. There are a ton of robberies in the parking lot even while you try to load your car. I would like to know how curbside pickup works here. The Target employee would get robbed before they can get to your car. I would not buy any expensive items via curbside pickup.
mjhale
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by mjhale »

I wonder if the 10 PM closing at Target is a chain wide thing. Once Target went back to longer hours after things started to reopen in 2020 they were 8 AM to 11 PM in the areas around me. Now they are 8 AM to 10 PM. I don't live in an area that is having the theft and crime problems that have been discussed in this thread. That makes me wonder if Target is going to a standard closing time unless they are other circumstances involved. For comparison, most regular grocery stores in this area are open 5/6 AM to Midnight. Walmart, of course, is still still 6 AM to 11 PM. I've often wondered if Walmart had any thought of moving selected Supercenters back to 24 hour operation. Safeway has a couple of stores that are open 24 hours. Giant-MD used to but it looks like they have cut those hours.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Walmart is all about cutting labor hours to save money. Even opening 1 hour later would require security, cart pushers, janitors, managers, etc. The hours of 11 PM and later are the grab and run hours for shoplifters. Walmart doesn't want to pay security to stay overnight.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

More on the market for stolen goods in San Francisco: another really good report out of this reporter.
https://abc7news.com/car-break-ins-san- ... /11748809/

According to an official, they don't want the police to deal with this issue because it is so widespread, instead, they want the police to focus on more violent crimes.

Also there is a rule prohibiting the police from doing high speed chases in conjunction with property crimes, which these are considered.

No wonder the retailers keep closing. And will continue to close. And then the thieves focus their attention to individuals. What will it take... to get something to change?
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

This store has fully restocked and is back to normal.

In other news, a nearby Walmart was robbed by a man with a gun. In front of dozens of customers he demanded money or said he would open fire.

At the same store, my friend said her sister had her backpack ripped off of her by a random thief. The security guard ran after the man and wrestled the backpack from him. She got the backpack back. Well that was unexpected. Many stories like this never make it to the news. You just have to hear about it from people who shop at the store.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Four suspects were arrested in Contra Costa County, California for starting 33 fires in 48 hours. These were started near businesses in various locations. There were also some that were lit close to homes as well. Perhaps as a diversion to draw firefighters and police on a wild goose chase. Police are giving out little information as the investigation continues.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/lo ... 534f19b73c

Another Walmart torched this time in the Atlanta suburbs.I find it highly debatable whether the juvenile perpetrator was a lone wolf and/or did this for a bunch of kicks.A few months back a juvenile lookout working with at least one adult booster also set a fire a suburban new Orleans Walmart early in the year.Googling Walmart arson reveals that at least a dozen such incidents have occurred within the past year or two alone.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/loca ... bacf96efa9

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/g ... pect-arson

So far they just have one 14 year old suspect who admitted guilt it sounds like.

Good to see no customers were injured at least.