Albertsons to reopen former Minyard/Fiesta in Irving

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Albertsons to reopen former Minyard/Fiesta in Irving

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

rwsandiego wrote: May 4th, 2023, 8:36 pm Nice looking store. Although I am not a fan of that A/leaf logo, it does look nice as a border on the aisle signs. Not so fond of it plastered on the walls.
Yeah, Supervalu did that to your beloved Jewel (Albertsons 3D clovers were slapped on the walls when SVU did remodels).
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

This is very interesting how some of these Albertsons banner stores get this very Albertsons-specific interior while various remodels (including to the Albertsons banner) just get the generic "Modern" decor.

This looks like a very major improvement compared to what was here before. They spent quite a bit of money. The store interior (ignoring the exterior) looks as good as a new build store with the open ceiling, and the added bonus of it being an old store is they decided to give it an actual floor instead of going cement.

The perimeter departments are all good sized from what I can tell.

When was the last time an Albertsons banner store was opened in TX? It must be close to 20 years...
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: May 4th, 2023, 8:48 pm
rwsandiego wrote: May 4th, 2023, 8:36 pm Nice looking store. Although I am not a fan of that A/leaf logo, it does look nice as a border on the aisle signs. Not so fond of it plastered on the walls.
Yeah, Supervalu did that to your beloved Jewel (Albertsons 3D clovers were slapped on the walls when SVU did remodels).
Yeah, I know. Shoppers were not pleased.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: May 4th, 2023, 8:48 pm
The leaf is pretty cool, actually, and I didn't mind it when it was applied to the walls during the Premium Fesh and Healthy era. In fact, given it was introduced as part of the Albertsons logo in the 1970's and leaves are all the rage now, dorky little Albertsons was 50 years ahead of its time. What bugs me is the leaf enclosed in the "A." I think it is just plain ugly.