$5 Meals at Wendy's and Burger King

Alpha8472

$5 Meals at Wendy's and Burger King

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wendy's and Burger King are bringing back $5 meals. This is either a deal or inflation since the meals used to be 4 for $4.

They are $6 in Los Angeles at BK.
storewanderer

Re: $5 Meals at Wendy's and Burger King

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: April 15th, 2022, 5:38 pm Wendy's and Burger King are bringing back $5 meals. This is either a deal or inflation since the meals used to be 4 for $4.

They are $6 in Los Angeles at BK.
Wendy's officially ended the majority of the 4 for $4 nationally last week. The only remaining 4 for $4 (4 for $4.44 at some locations) is the Jr. Cheeseburger. In the app you can add lettuce and tomato to that (some locations charge some don't) and basically get the Deluxe still. I'd almost prefer they did a 3 for $4- the burger, fry, and drink, and ditch the chicken nuggets which I am not a fan of. It would still be an okay deal. I wonder what has higher cost- the 4 chicken nuggets or the plastic cup of dipping sauce. I suspect the sauce.

The replacement offer at Wendy's called the $5 Biggie Bag is the same as the old 4 for $4 but includes small fry/small drink instead of the value fry/value drink that the 4 for $4 included so there is a bit of a difference there. When 4 for $4 was first introduced it did include the small fry/small drink but it has been the value fry/value drink for at least the past few years.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

Clever marketing - “we’re bringing back the Biggie Bag” when as mentioned, they’re just hiking the price of the 4 for $4 to $5 and rebranding it as the Biggie Bag.

The original $5 Biggie Bag included a 10-piece nugget and a double bacon Double Stack or double bacon chicken sandwich. At least in SoCal, the double bacon Double Stack Biggie bag managed to stick around, although the 10 piece became 4. The 4 for $4 meals have been $5 in Orange County since at least 2018… they were still $4 in most of Los Angeles until last week.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Bagels wrote: April 18th, 2022, 12:54 am Clever marketing - “we’re bringing back the Biggie Bag” when as mentioned, they’re just hiking the price of the 4 for $4 to $5 and rebranding it as the Biggie Bag.

The original $5 Biggie Bag included a 10-piece nugget and a double bacon Double Stack or double bacon chicken sandwich. At least in SoCal, the double bacon Double Stack Biggie bag managed to stick around, although the 10 piece became 4. The 4 for $4 meals have been $5 in Orange County since at least 2018… they were still $4 in most of Los Angeles until last week.
The 4 for $4 was still $4 at one location I went to in Orange County a few weeks ago... actually most of their pricing there was below the Wendys Reno pricing.