Target Machete Attack

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Alpha8472

Target Machete Attack

Post by Alpha8472 »

A Target near me in the affluent suburbs of the San Francisco Bay Area in Walnut Creek, California had a machete attack. The man tried to rob a cash register with a machete.

Many customers and employees had to run for their lives. The man did not get any valuables and ran away. The police in this city luckily were quick to take action and caught the man. However, San Francisco style deranged violence is spreading to the suburbs. This Target is across the street from a train station. The homeless and criminals just hop on a train and get a free ride to loot.

Would this be considered a terror attack? It certainly seems scary and now people will avoid this store for fear of being slashed by violent robbers. This was a super crowded store.
storewanderer

Re: Target Machete Attack

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 3:52 am A Target near me in the affluent suburbs of the San Francisco Bay Area in Walnut Creek, California had a machete attack. The man tried to rob a cash register with a machete.

Many customers and employees had to run for their lives. The man did not get any valuables and ran away. The police in this city luckily were quick to take action and caught the man. However, San Francisco style deranged violence is spreading to the suburbs. This Target is across the street from a train station. The homeless and criminals just hop on a train and get a free ride to loot.

Would this be considered a terror attack? It certainly seems scary and now people will avoid this store for fear of being slashed by violent robbers. This was a super crowded store.
At this point the amount of crime taking place in retail stores in the bay area has reached an unacceptable level. This is not happening elsewhere even in California. I am not going to post here and say what laws or political policies may or may not be causing this to take place. But the bottom line is the same here- you have innocent customers, innocent store employees, and large retail corporations being victimized by this. These stores are no longer a safe place for customers or employees. Even with all of the cameras around none of that seems to matter or serve as a deterrent. Short of putting all of the merchandise behind lock and key and putting the employees behind a bullet proof glass neither of which are practical I do not know what is going to happen here but this is not sustainable. I am not sure what the solution is going to be to address this but it seems to me it has gotten past out of control.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

It’s happening in LA, just not as insane.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

I guess I am very lucky.

No issues anywhere I go.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: April 24th, 2022, 7:06 am I guess I am very lucky.

No issues anywhere I go.
Wrong place at the wrong time one time... all I know is I am staying out of the bay area this year. Good news is Southwest has had Reno-LAX or LGB flights for $49 one way promotions running. Cheaper to just fly there than drive to bay area.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I have seen some crazy stuff that isn't reported on the news. I have seen angry customers at Walmart almost riot when there were about 60 people waiting for cabinets to be unlocked. I seriously thought that someone was going to pull out a gun and start shooting. The crowd looked like there were some serious gang members there.

A friend of mine who works for a Walmart near Oakland said that employees have been pepper sprayed by shoplifters and shoplifters with guns are common. The customers at the store are straight out of East Oakland. They are short tempered and brutal.

There is a bullet hole in the ceiling of a local Walmart from an employee struggling with an armed shoplifter. The Loss prevention manager at that store could not handle it and transferred to another Walmart. Then his new store got set on fire recently.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Perhaps it is time to move?

Maybe Texas or Arizona is better.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Getting mugged in Houston or Dallas is still a possibility.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: April 25th, 2022, 7:07 am Perhaps it is time to move?

Maybe Texas or Arizona is better.
I suggest rural Wyoming or Montana. Everyone is so happy a store is even there to shop in, after they've driven the hour+ to get to the store from the remote location, they respect the store and its employees.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: