QFC and Schwartz Bros cause a Twitter stir

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

QFC and Schwartz Bros cause a Twitter stir

Post by SamSpade »

Original article: SOLVED: Monica Lewinsky Finally Found Her Portland Coffee Cake (note, Portland Mercury sometimes has NSFW-ish banner ads so visit at your own risk)

Thought we could all use a little lighthearted fun. This was sparked by a popular Tweet as Monica Lewinsky was speaking at Lewis & Clark College last week.

(that widget looks problematic, but I figured I'd try)

So the answer was Schwartz Brothers, which is mostly offered at QFC as an improved bakery product over the usual Kroger stuff (their dougnuts are branded as Seattle's "Top Pot" Bakery as well).
She was able to contact one of the QFC markets and a bakery employee set aside a box for her.

Of course there were many other good suggestions as well. We are fortunate to have a "coffee culture" that leads to a variety of bakeries as well. I wish Fred Meyer would go back to some of this stuff.
pseudo3d

Re: QFC and Schwartz Bros cause a Twitter stir

Post by pseudo3d »

I really don't see how this relates to retail. Sure, good on QFC and it might be nice if Fred Meyer had better selections of baked goods, but lots of people have vague remembrances of food from many years ago. The only reason this has gotten any press at all, is very few people have been the centerpieces of international scandals, like, say, having sex with a President.
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: QFC and Schwartz Bros cause a Twitter stir

Post by babs »

SamSpade wrote: April 27th, 2022, 12:06 pm Original article: SOLVED: Monica Lewinsky Finally Found Her Portland Coffee Cake (note, Portland Mercury sometimes has NSFW-ish banner ads so visit at your own risk)

Thought we could all use a little lighthearted fun. This was sparked by a popular Tweet as Monica Lewinsky was speaking at Lewis & Clark College last week.

(that widget looks problematic, but I figured I'd try)

So the answer was Schwartz Brothers, which is mostly offered at QFC as an improved bakery product over the usual Kroger stuff (their dougnuts are branded as Seattle's "Top Pot" Bakery as well).
She was able to contact one of the QFC markets and a bakery employee set aside a box for her.

Of course there were many other good suggestions as well. We are fortunate to have a "coffee culture" that leads to a variety of bakeries as well. I wish Fred Meyer would go back to some of this stuff.
The baked goods selection at Fred Meyer varies by store. The Burlingame store has a wide selection including Top Pot donuts similar.to QFC while the Tigard and Beaverton stores have much smaller selections, and frankly are garbage. I think it depends on store demographics and available space.